CONTEST EPIC Contest: The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I would go with the Epic Speed, maybe get a bit more distance.

I have no idea, I would trust the fitter to put me in what’s best for me

EPIC Max LS for me. Helps keep my spin down and I have have one currently and have hit some absolute bombs with it!

I would choose Epic Speed. My reasons are:

1) I really like the Cyclone Aero Shape - I played Mavrik standard that shares the shape and loved it
2) The Low-Mid Spin and Mid Launch profile worked the best for me (best, most playable numbers on GC Hawk)
3) Overall, I liked the Epic Speed the best out of these three models. Appearance & ball flight were excellent.

Epic Speed for me. Smaller footprint, little more launch than the LS, really nice sound, just definitely the best fit. Already have one in the bag and really enjoy it!

I would have to go with the Epic Max LS driver from that lineup of drivers. As a mid/high capper I need some forgiveness to maximize my avg performance off the tee, and as a high spin player I will always lean toward a club designed to help bring down my spin a bit (which is exactly why I currently have the Bertha B21 driver in my bag).

Epic Max LS for me. Lower Spin and Launch has been my driver profile for years.

Hey everyone. What a great opportunity. I would be Epic Speed. Coming from a subzero, I thought the Max LS might be an option but I think the speed actually matches about better.

I would go for the Epic Speed model. I am looking for a lower spin option without a fade bias and the Epic Speed fits the bill.

I would have to go for the Epic Max. Why would I choose the Epic Max: It comes in 12°, I prefer a bigger footprint, it launches higher than the speed and it also seems more forgiving.
Thanks THP for this opportunity! Good luck everyone!

Epic Speed for me. I prefer a Mid Ball Launch and with my aging swing need to pick up some additional speed. Not a huge fan of adjustable weights...or it could be even when my driver has them I never tinker with them. Lets get some Epic Speed in the bag and make finding fairways simple.

Good Luck everyone.

Based on the driver fitting tool, it put me into an Epic Speed, and while I had my doubts initially, I think that is the right choice. I want long bombs!
I get a bit too bogged down in tinkering when I have the adjustable weights. I've stuck it out with my XR16 because I love the shape, and don't regret giving up the extra adjustability.

I honestly haven't swung a single club from the new lineup. Covid and a new baby has forced me to put my golf game on the back burner for a bit. Here's hoping this summer opens up some time on the course that I can try some of the new Callaway gear out!

Good stuff. Callaway does it right. Good Luck to all.

Entry:

I'm currently gaming an Epic Flash. From what I've read/seen the Epic Speed line is quite an upgrade in performance and forgiveness across the line. As a high capper trending in the good direction, I am attracted to the Epic Max version. I can use all of the forgiveness I can get. My miss can go from push slice to hook depending on the day. I'm currently in a hook phase, so the increased Draw bias (potential) of Max pushes has me thinking the standard Epic Speed. The Callaway online fitting tool lists the Max and my primary best fit......So I'm sticking with the expert opinion and choose the Epic Max.

I went back to the Callaway site and reread everything and looked at the three options just as I did before I actually purchased the Epic Max LS. Reading through it again I came to the same conclusion that I would want to try the Epic Max LS 10.5. The reasons being :
1. I know I needed to get my spin down and thought that would help my game.

2. As a mid handicap player who can drive the ball well and was driving it well with the Mavrik Max I know my biggest problem of the tee is consistency and my miss was typically over swinging with a draw turning into a hook which at my course cost me strokes. So the fact that Callaway stated they had designed the Max LS as a low spin club with forgiveness appeals to me.

3.The idea that they had made a low spin club with forgiveness and having read the very positive reviews on the B21 my hope would be that the magic of the B21 which has been referred to as a Unicorn here had been put into the Max LS. I never tried a sub zero for the reason everything I read was they were less forgiving and I could not afford to hit that driver with where my tee game was. So the additional forgiveness in the Max LS makes my decision easy.

4. I know there are varying opinions on this but I prefer the looks and shape of the Max LS and believe that would translate to confidence off the tee.(which it has)

I actually went through this process before I decided on the Epic Max LS and going through it again I came to the exact same conclusion. So those are my reasons for picking the Epic Max LS and I can add everything I had hoped for from this driver for my game not only happened but it has exceeded my expectations.

Epic speed 10.5

I would choose this for the mid launch, high forgiveness I need/prefer. The semi-draw bias would be helpful for me and my swing i believe and the slightly smaller footprint suits my eyes best of the lineup.

I would choose the Epic Max LS for it's neutral ball flight and adjust-ability. I fight over hooking at times and the sliding weight that can change ball flight is appealing. Tried their online fitting tool and the LS came up as their suggestion:D

I'd have to go with the Epic Max. I'm at a point in my game where the reward of consistently hitting a good tee shot in the fairway exceeds the couple extra yards I'd get from the Epic Speed. Forgivability for me!

I'm all things Phil, but after a couple of attempts with the Selector Tool, the brutally honest me came up with the Epic Max. A bit surprised it kept pushing me towards the Epic Speed, but I would have picked the Epic Max regardless.

I liked how the Epic head track worked and the Epic Max track looks the same. First, it makes correcting the swing weight for a shorter 45" shaft a breeze; just add or switch to a heavier weight. Secondly, it allows me to dial in a bit of fade bias to help steer me away from my pull hook miss. I really could feel the difference with the Epic.

Luv the EPIC green and go Phil at the U.S. Open!

My first inclination was Epic Max for forgiveness, but after using the selector, I would go with their recommendation and pick Epic Speed. I tend to hit a fade with my current driver and a slight draw bias sounds like a winner. If I was going with the standard shaft, I would go Project X; if I went custom, Lin-Q Purple.

Epic Max LS! I need a lower spinning and low launch driver, and since I am not playing as much as I used to, my swing is not as consistent. So forgiveness is appreciated. I already have a draw bias built into my swing :LOL:, so a neutral face is good for me too. I have hit the Maverick a few times, and that thing really flies! Excited to see what Callaway has launched with this newest generation.

Thank you for the opportunity! Have been watching the Grandaddy thread every day!

Back