CONTEST EPIC Contest: The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

New member here and just joined up to become a member of the Albatross Club. Never had a legit Albatross but this will suffice for now!

Coincidentally, this is my first post. Yep, SunnyGolfDaysAhead is all about being positive and making a difference on and off the golf course. Life is too short as it is!

Which driver I would select from the Epic family and why:
I would select the Epic Max LS because my ball flight is a power fade and already hit the ball high. The Max and Speed versions have a draw bias which is not what I need. The bias weight adjustability from a neutral setup is a huge plus. Current driver has two adjustable sliders allowing me to control both bias and where the weight is in the head (backwards or forwards). Believe it or not, my current driver did knock out the former first generation GBB Epic with an Oban Kiyoshi Purple out of my bag! I do have a season of play experience with an Epic, and feel that the Epic Max LS has all the right ingredients to reclaim the #1 Driver slot in my golf bag again.
Welcome to THP, and you picked a great place for post #1!

I would go with the Epic Max for the draw bias and higher launch. I naturally fade it and hit it low so this would help for a straighter higher ball flight. Paired with the right shaft I think this could be a beast.

Good luck to everyone! Somebody will be getting an awesome surprise in a few days when they get on and see a ton of alerts. Your eyes light up and your heart starts racing and you feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for the page to load to see why you have all the alerts!

My original want was the Epic Speed coming from the Mavrik. Having success with the unique shape I figured the Speed would be it. Boy was I wrong. The Max LS is what I’m gaming and would at the Granddaddy. Definitely like the APW in it. The forgiveness is a huge gain. Longest, straightest driver I’ve had in years. Still figuring out the best ball to go with it, but it’s a fun process. Leaning CSTT. Still a process in progress. Would have to be something awesome to kick this one to the curb, but I’d have fun trying 🤪

More entries THP! This is a super easy way to get in to the best amateur event in golf! Get in on this!

I would pick the Epic Max. The combination of the adjustable weight, higher ball flight and more forgiveness would bode well for my game.

Epic Speed!

I want to hit bombs like Phil!

Epic Max for me. The forgiveness along with the draw bias is best for my game. It would help straighten out my fade a little bit.

I’m leaning Epic Max LS just due to it being more neutral.

I think I would go with the epic speed 9 degree driver. I just checked out the selector tool and it chose the speed for me as well. I really like the forgiveness that it offers.

First off, thank you THP and Callaway for this opportunity.

From what I've read, the Epic Speed is the best choice for me and the Callaway club selection tool agreed.

My "miss" is short. Between the aerodynamics, the AI designed face, and the improved jailbreak technology I think that the 10.5° Epic Speed would fix that miss.

I haven’t... Will it help?

It has helped me take away the left side of the golf course. I believe it is 3* open on the -2N setting.

Last edited:
Based on the needs of everyone on this thread I’m surprised Callaway isn’t all sold out of the Epic Max

I have yet to hit the Epic driver lineup (though it is something I want to do) since I haven't found a demo/fitting day close by using an outside range. Typically, I don't hit as well indoors on a sim. However, based on what I know of the Epic offerings, I would choose the Epic Max. I currently game a Speedzone Xtreme and view the Epic Max as the logical choice coming from my current driver. I'm definitely looking forward to putting those two drivers head to head to see how they compare!

Thanks for the contest, great opportunity to be part of an amazing event!

I'd go with the Epic Max in 12° with a HZRDUS Smoke iM 10 50 shaft, cut down to 44.5 inches. I have a negative AoA, so need the extra loft to get the ball in the air, and the shorter shaft would hopefully help with dispersion/accuracy. The Epic Max would give me the forgiveness I need - my current driver is the Mavrik Max and the forgiveness built into Callaway's tech is unbelievably good. The adjustable weighting in the Epic Max would help me dial out some of the draw bias if it turned out to be too much.

Last edited:
I currently game the Max LS and it is awesome but as always, in the pursuit for more speed, I would luv to try the Epis Speed. Higher speed, excellent forgiveness and delivering bombs for Phil.....sign me up!

Epic Speed for me. 9* head with Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60G shaft and Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align grip would make it perfect. Like Phil, I am in my early 50's and I do not want to lose my club head speed and I think this set up would allow me to still get my desired distance with tons of forgiveness.

Last edited:
I would pick the Epic Speed. The reason is the lower drag, higher speed throughout the swing. I also like the mid/high trajectory, as too high is not optimum for my swing.

I'm going Epic Max. As someone with a pretty neutral delivery and attack angle I can use the extra launch and spin. With it having the heaviest sliding weight I can take advantage of that by placing it a bit toe side where I tend to miss. Really MAXimizing the MOI and making it a fairway finding machine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good luck all!

Back