ESPN Sportscenter: White Gold

morekimchi

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody catch the segment on Sportscenter about the golf ball divers? Cool segment and interesting insights into where all those recycled balls come from. My favorite part? The fact that one of the divers plays with a set someone through into the water.

Do you know if the balls from the water are ever waterlogged or damaged? I imagine if the shell hasn't been pierced/dinged, then the ball is good as new, right?

Anybody catch the segment on Sportscenter about the golf ball divers? Cool segment and interesting insights into where all those recycled balls come from. My favorite part? The fact that one of the divers plays with a set someone through into the water.

My local course has a diver go out every two months to get all the range balls pushed too far right and the drives on #1 pulled too far left.

I used to dive for golf balls at a country club on Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. They had a par 3 with the lake on 2 sides. I found hundreds of balls every summer.

I used to dive for golf balls at a country club on Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. They had a par 3 with the lake on 2 sides. I found hundreds of balls every summer.
We did that as kids, the course paid us a dime for every ball we found...we thought we were rich...lol

Back