Ethiopian Cuisine

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wanted to start a thread on this ethnic food my wife and I really enjoy, and I figured there might be some others who enjoy it as well. Generally it's going to be served with a flat bread call injera that looks like a pancake but tastes like intense sourdough. The meat and veggies are cooked in various preparations and you tear of pieces of the injera to pick up pieces of the food. It's a social and eat with your hands type of experience great for a meal with close friends or a date night. Pictured is a dish from a local place called Queen Of Sheba. Some of my favorites meats are Kitfo and Lamb Tibs. They also have a version of curry called wat.

1705926308815.png

African cuisine is something I am so interested in. We have a few restaurants in town that are apparently amazing, but they're a bit intimidating to go into and try. The meals also look like they are more group oriented so I need to have more adventurous friends/coworkers.

Have been to try but wasn't calling us back. Wife is 1/2 Lebanese so if we are going out to something different per se we are looking for Mediterranian. Some of their stuff is consumed same way as what you describe here. Flatbread with various stuff. I go to appease her but luckily her other 1/2 is Italian. Ha

Back