Wkndhookr

Datkison Quest Cup & Budget Golf Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@JB announced the format for next years Quest Cup earlier.

Round 1: 18 Hole Shamble Match
Round 2: 9 Hole Alternate Shot Match
Round 3: 18 Hole Singles Match

This was something I was just thinking about the other day and was basically exactly what I was thinking would be perfect. If you had the opportunity to set up the event you were chosen for, what format would you hope to play?

I really think this is pretty perfect for a 2 day event. For a 3 day maybe 18 holes shamble, 18 holes best ball, 18 holes singles

This was something I was just thinking about the other day and was basically exactly what I was thinking would be perfect. If you had the opportunity to set up the event you were chosen for, what format would you hope to play?

close:

round one shamble with the worst tee shot 😁

This is a great format that I’d honestly would pick myself. 9 holes of alternate is a great measure in that style as it could get out of hand quickly and become timely. Singles feels like a tradition on the last day.

I really like the format that JB posted for a 2-day event. Gives players a chance to get familiar with the course before jumping into a singles match.

18 shamble 9 alt shot 9 scramble 18 singles

Honestly, I think this is about perfect. If it's two 18 hole matches then drop the alternate shot.

Shamble is super fun you get the best starting point from the tee but you play your own ball from there. Singles you get to experience the course yourself and alt shot is fun but tough

Day 1 - 18 shamble
Day 2 - 18 best ball / 9 alt shot
Day 3 - 18 singles

Alt Shot would be welcomed as a format and should be part of every event!

Alt Shot would be welcomed as a format and should be part of every event!
I agree, alt shot could be a blast, especially after the forums solemn pledge towards carnage courses.

Yea, I really like this 3-round format. Covers a lot of bases

18 shamble
18 best ball

I’m a big fan of Alt shot for the strategy. Selfishly, I also like any format that involves someone else hitting a tee shot for me.

As a short knocker, I definitely enjoyed the benefit of using @Datkison driving the ball well for out team during Shamble. I think the proposed format is ideal in that Shamble gives the benefit of best tee shot, alt shot sounds fun but could get out of hand in a hurry so limiting to 9 holes sounds good. And singles the last day is always fun to follow.

I really like those formats. I like Chapman a little more than pure alt shot for fun

What is Chapman?
Alt shot with two balls kind of. Both players hit drives, they then both hit 2nd shots from the other players drive, then they choose one of those balls to play alt shot in and finish the hole from.

Alt shot with two balls kind of. Both players hit drives, they then both hit 2nd shots from the other players drive, then they choose one of those balls to play alt shot in and finish the hole from.
I'd rather have modified alt shot with 2 drives then pick one go from there. But my initial version is one player tees off on even the other on odds vs pure alt where whoever sinks putt other player tees off.

I really like all of those options. I especially want to alt-shot if I am ever lucky enough to go to another event - I think that could be so fun.

Back