Expensive Driver!!!

I will just wait for the TP that comes with the "Real thing" in terms of shafts. Not this watered down crap.

I thought it to be a typo at first....how foolish of me...

The article about the Williams that was posted though is even more rediculous...but I can see people gaming the $500 dollar version that was mentioned

For the record, that's not even the most expensive Maruman driver golf town carries, just the most expensive they put on their website. A couple of the stores have ones locked in the back that go well into the 5 digit range.

I'd game it. Actually I'd just think it would be fun to hit.

The only thing that made me laugh was the name, Prestigio. Because it rhymes with my favorite Family Guy quote. Little fact there for ya THP'ers.
See I can make up words too!

I noticed there were no reviews of this club on that website. I would be too afraid to hit it...

I probably wouldn't hit it! haha :D
I'd buy it and keep it locked up somewhere in a safe

I agree with JB. Some people want stuff that is exclusive and are willing to pay a lot more for it. Just look at what some people pay for some of the more rare Scotty Cameron putter covers or for golf equipment from Japan.

I agree with JB. Some people want stuff that is exclusive and are willing to pay a lot more for it. Just look at what some people pay for some of the more rare Scotty Cameron putter covers or for golf equipment from Japan.

This is very true. I've heard people paying I know paying $800 for the latest Japanese driver. Exclusivity is KEY!

This is very true. I've heard people paying I know paying $800 for the latest Japanese driver. Exclusivity is KEY!

To be fair, it's not hard to spent around $800 on a R11 either. Get a TP and stick a Kiyoshi or Speeder in it and you'll end up at $700 pre taxes

To be fair, it's not hard to spent around $800 on a R11 either. Get a TP and stick a Kiyoshi or Speeder in it and you'll end up at $700 pre taxes

Very true ST. I wasn't thinkin about the shaft game. My bad.

Heck, get a TP and Put that Matrix Ozik TP shaft that went for like, 1000 bucks. That, or one of the Japanese Graphite shafts. Them sunnuvaguns are HIGH.

Well...it only comes in 10.5 so I am not interested. :arrogant: :sarcastic:

As if! And its not even "tunable" but I bet the workability is nice!

Good point....price to play for "exclusivity". But for $2,999 - it better go straight and 325 EVERY SINGLE TIME. :D If not, I will stick with my $149 Diablo Edge going 270 and straight 35% of the time! ha

35% dang! I'll pay YOU $149 to drive my ball straight 35% of the time!

I would game it if it had pin seeking technology and came with the commentator of the HAMMER driver who would follow me around yelling BOOM and POW every time I hit ball.

I feel like you have to be knighted to get this thing though.

I couldn't stop laughing reading this one... Hammer commentator or Gus Johnson as if it were a final four game of epic proportions.... BAM! BANG! NAILED IT!

Haha so basically if you were to hit the lottery you would buy this :D
That's funny

If you had the money, why not? It would be no dumber than buying a $1500 suit, million dollar house or a $300,000 Italian sportscar.

Maruman also has some not so economically priced irons too!

I go on Tourspecgolf.com all the time and drool over Japanese golf stuff. Theyve got a Mizuno belt buckle on there that Id love to have but Im not going to pay the $80 that they want for it.

And then there is the Maruman complete set that goes for $100k. The Williams set at $50k sounds like a bargain in that case. If I am not mistaken the Maruman's are all about the quality of materials used and the craftsmanship. I do believe the $100K set is offered as the kind of thing a company might get its CEO upon retirement, something meant to occupy some corner of the guys "study". The heads on the woods are all hand painted scenes in gold leaf etc etc.

And then there is the Maruman complete set that goes for $100k. The Williams set at $50k sounds like a bargain in that case. If I am not mistaken the Maruman's are all about the quality of materials used and the craftsmanship. I do believe the $100K set is offered as the kind of thing a company might get its CEO upon retirement, something meant to occupy some corner of the guys "study". The heads on the woods are all hand painted scenes in gold leaf etc etc.
I've seen pictures of those irons and woods. They are beautiful no doubt...but a bit beyond the pale IMHO.

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is really more for people who have more money than they know what to do with. Its not exactly stuff that anyone who lives in the real world and who appreciates quality and craftsmanship would want to be swinging in the dirt all day long.
Most of us are anal enough about our $900 set of irons and $300 driver.

Back