fairway woods ????

BiXLL

Reaction score
I recently got back into the game and replaced my 20 year old knockoff irons with a set of Callaway X2 Hot irons. The difference is amazing. In the simulator I am hitting a 7 iron the same distance I was hitting a 4 iron with the old clubs.

My question is had the technology also improved fairway woods? I am currently hitting what again I think are knockoffs, the say Dynaflite custom on them have graphite shafts, and are all metal. I hit both the 3 and 5 very well, but want to know if I am hurting myself with the old tech of these clubs as I was with the irons???

Technology in all clubs has improved significantly over the last 20 years. That is not to say that modern fairway woods will work better for you than your current clubs. Only way to really find out for sure is to test them side by side, and using a monitor would be even better.

I recently got back into the game and replaced my 20 year old knockoff irons with a set of Callaway X2 Hot irons. The difference is amazing. In the simulator I am hitting a 7 iron the same distance I was hitting a 4 iron with the old clubs.

My question is had the technology also improved fairway woods? I am currently hitting what again I think are knockoffs, the say Dynaflite custom on them have graphite shafts, and are all metal. I hit both the 3 and 5 very well, but want to know if I am hurting myself with the old tech of these clubs as I was with the irons???

I would say the answer is even more so. Maxing out COR in FW Woods is a pretty recent phenomenon and between shaping, materials and weight, they have made them substantially better.

I recommend trying out several and go in with an open mind. Dont worry about the loft on the bottom or if it says 3 wood or 5 wood or even 7 wood. With the lower spin and launch these are giving, we have seen players hit 5 woods further than their 3 wood counterparts from just 5-7 years ago.

You can find the fairway metals that match your irons for very cheap and they are money!

I kind of thought this was going to be the answer. I thought I was hitting my old irons well also. I could not belive what a difference the new clubs made. Back to Golf galaxy for me!

absolutely the advances are unbelievable in that time frame. If you are looking to stick with Callaway I would suggest http://Www.callawaygolfpreowned.com Some really great deals to be had there.

I bought some Cobra Amp Cell adjustable woods last summer. It's unbelievable how good they are. You can buy them new for around $50 on ebay. If you can, go hit some in person first.

Jack

There has definitely been a large advance in the tech. IMO it's fully worth it to try new FWs.

seller got back to me.
Driver 10.5
3 wood 15
5 wood 19

What do you think guys. this is by far the best prices I have seen and there is only 1 set left

Price looks really good, looking at the Callaway preowned site the driver alone is around 150

I recently got a Callaway Big Bertha V-Series 3 wood with the Lite shaft, works for me. It's whatever works for you though, get all the 3 woods at your Golf Galaxy and try them all. You'll find one that fits your swing and tempo.

X2 hot is really solid. At that price it is a steal in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seller got back to me.
Driver 10.5
3 wood 15
5 wood 19

What do you think guys. this is by far the best prices I have seen and there is only 1 set left

It's regular flex, too.

If that is your flex, it looks great.

Jack

Is it legit? Price is too good to be true. I dont know. It would be nice if seller post actual pictures of clubs.

Not great feedback. I would just go with CPO.

Yeah, I am starting to wonder. I sent him this
I want to verify I am not misunderstanding. This auction is for a set of new Callaway X2 Hot Woods. 10.5 driver, 15 3 wood, 19 5 wood with Callaway ultra lite graphite shafts
and have not heard back from him.

Yeah, I am starting to wonder. I sent him this
I want to verify I am not misunderstanding. This auction is for a set of new Callaway X2 Hot Woods. 10.5 driver, 15 3 wood, 19 5 wood with Callaway ultra lite graphite shafts
and have not heard back from him.

The no pictures part would worry me. Also the feedback.

I wouldnt do it.
Im not an ebay guy, but for a few extra bucks, one can get exactly what they want from CPO, know it is the real deal and have the warranty and great customer service of the brand behind it.

It kinda goes along with the old addage that if its too good to be true, it probably is........

I wouldnt do it.
Im not an ebay guy, but for a few extra bucks, one can get exactly what they want from CPO, know it is the real deal and have the warranty and great customer service of the brand behind it.

Exactly. I am an ebay guy, but you gotta pick and choose what you buy there. I would never have gotten all the clubs I bought the last two months from ebay when they were sitting right there on CPO.

Back