Rock Harbor is a cool 4 hours from Hampton Roads. Hmmm

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rock Harbor is a cool 4 hours from Hampton Roads. Hmmm

It won’t be there. I threw that out because Nut doesn’t like it

Fall DMV Unofficial Outing - Proposed 6 October at TBD

You're horrible at this scheduling process

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s my first time you’ll just have to bear with me.

It’s my first time you’ll just have to bear with me.

You're doing it on purpose so you don't get picked again. Isn't that right, @TheCrest4 :act-up:

You're doing it on purpose so you don't get picked again. Isn't that right, @TheCrest4 :act-up:

If I wanted that I would pick Westpark as the course.

If I wanted that I would pick Westpark as the course.
That works too. That's close to the Nut Cave!

That works too. That's close to the Nut Cave!

The group would probably revolt and leave me hog tied and face down in one of the various on-course swamps.

Nut is wise... I still have the run this by the bawse

Stoney Creek maybe? It is kind of central and supposed to be nice. I may even have an “in” at Devil’s Knob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentlemen, after some ciphering on the map of various locations of the committed THPers I'm going to propose we hold this outing at Meadows Farms. The should be within about a 2hr drive for everyone who has responded. Weekend rates are quite reasonable at $60. There are 3 nines there so if there is enough interest, I can inquire about playing all 27. I'll get times once we have everything finalized.
Hey good idea

Hahaha they have a 761 yard par 6! I can see that now...... “Ok guys don’t wait on me I will be there in half an hour or so......”

Hahaha they have a 761 yard par 6! I can see that now...... “Ok guys don’t wait on me I will be there in half an hour or so......”

What is better is that there's water in play on that hole.. that is a fun track though. Definitely play all 28 holes!! (If you are curious, yes they have 28. It is 3 nine hole courses and one practice hole you can play ahead of your round to warm up).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What is better is that there's water in play on that hole.. that is a fun track though. Definitely play all 28 holes!! (If you are curious, yes they have 28. It is 3 nine hole courses and one practice hole you can play ahead of your round to warm up).

So your saying bring a few extra balls for that hole?

It is a course that I always have fun playing yet I don't think I can make it due to travel plans. If they change then I will certainly join you all!!

Plan B is Augustine Golf Club We will need to be off by 0930 because they are having a Golf Channel Am Tour event going off at 1000, but they can accommodate us. On the plus side that should mean the course will be in pretty decent shape. If you're in post a reply to the thread and I'll call back for the times.

Plan B is Augustine Golf Club We will need to be off by 0930 because they are having a Golf Channel Am Tour event going off at 1000, but they can accommodate us. On the plus side that should mean the course will be in pretty decent shape. If you're in post a reply to the thread and I'll call back for the times.
I just confirmed with my wife, I am in.

That is a really long drive for me.... around 3 hours. That might be a bit much I would have to leave around 5-5:30 to make sure I had enough time to get there and try and loosen up. Then of course the same drive back. I need to think about that a little bit.

I have confirmed with my wife that I will be unable to attend regardless of where you are planning as there are family plans the entire weekend. I do hope we can have another meet-up before the cold weather. In the central (Richmond to Fredericksburg) area I can recommend a few places to be considered for future meet-ups:

Lees Hill Golf Club (http://www.leeshillgc.com)
-fun course, good service, greens were in nice shape when we played last year

Pendleton Golf Club (http://www.pendletongolfva.com)
-links style golf course. It is tucked away but has been fun and in really nice shape the two times I've played there. It is an open course with unjulating fairways and a good place to drink beer and enjoy a casual round. I heard they had to repair some fairways and greens earlier this year so sometime who has played more recently.

Hunting Hawk Golf (https://www.huntinghawkgolf.com)
-nice golf course that is challenging but fun. Once again it is mostly open and fun for a casual round but can get crowded as it is popular. It shows it's teeth when the greens are running fast but last time I was there they had weeds/crabgrass trying to take over some of the greens making them a little bumpy

The Hollows Golf Club (https://www.thehollows.com)
- I almost didn't want to share this one as it's a hidden gem. It's just far enough north of Richmond that it isn't super crowded on weekends. Plus, it is 3 nine hole courses (27 holes) and they rotate groups through the courses to keep them in good shape and to create space. I played 27 there a few weekends ago and had a bunch of fun. It's relatively open with some risk/reward placement holes. The greens have a lot of movement to them and that's where the course makes you work when they are running fast. When it has rained a lot you can take advantage of them. Plus, the beer is super cheap compared to Nova /VA Beach courses.

Sorry I cannot join you guys on the 13th but I will definitely do what I can to make the next one!!!

Augustine might work for me. I still have to ask the bawse about this weekend... not sure what we have going on.

Might want to ask an Admin to change the title also. Just a thought :act-up:

Back