Fat and off the toe

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok my game is in a downward spiral and really need help. Lately I have started hitting everything fat and off the toe, yep at the same time..LOL What can I do to fix it?

RW the first thing you need to do is check the basics. Believe it or not most fat shots come from the ball getting too far BACK in your stance. When the ball gets too far back we have to cast to force the club to bottom out earlier and that leads to fat shots. Too far back can lead to the toe shots due to the same reason. Check that first.

IF the ball position is good and you have the same issues I would like you to try this drill. Fat shots are the result of a cast or flip through impact. Try hitting shots with your right hand only (right handed players). When you do this try to maintain the cup in your right wrist through the hitting zone. This should feel similar to you hitting chips around the green. You are trying to get the feeling of keeping the hands ahead of the club head through the ball. Let me know how this goes and if there is more that I can do to help.

Thanks so much for the advise, I am going out to the range tomorrow and I will give this a try and let you know how it goies.

Well i went out to the range and first checked my ball position and moved it back up and that helped but I also did the drill with hitting the ball with the right hand and at first it took some time to get used to it but after awhile I was hitting the ball pretty decent. Once I started on two handed full swings WOW! I am hitting the ball well again but still with the slight fade, which is fine for right now. THANKS!! for the help. I feel much better now with a tournament coming up in four days.

Move the ball to the middle of your stance and try to hit the ball to right field. Make sure your hitting from the inside to the out.

I'll give that a try but right now i have my old swing back and i hope I can keep it till after the tourney. I will let you know how it goes after that ok.

RW I am happy to hear you are hitting it better. Let us know how the tourney goes.

Back