Favorite aspect of Team Golf vs Individual Golf

Have honestly never played a team format, as most of my rounds I play with strangers .. wojld definitely love to though

The party at the captains house before the last day of singles..

Team golf is different because you are playing for others. Your playing is important but it is only a part of the ultimate result.

The great thing with team golf is you can be a bit off during the round and someone can pick you up. It is a great way be able to learn about how to recover in situations that you might not see in other games.

Takes the spotlight off the individuals and let's people that don't shine that way play some of their better golf I think. It's fun to have teammates anyway. Golf can be too solitary sometimes. It's good to mix it up.

Being able to be picked up by a teammate or pick them up. Knowing that there is always another chance if someone makes a mistake. You're never out of it

The comraderie and fun when teaming with a partner is awesome, especially at THP Experiences. The challenge of being put in different situations than playing as an individual is part of the fun.

Winning.

Love team golf. Able to root your partner on and feed off each other through out the round.
Can take some pressure off or add a little depending on the situation.

Team golf is the best. You have camaraderie before and after the round! You can also encourage each other while on the course.

Being a dad to 2 young girls I have to make choices in the amount of golf I play. I always choose to play on our travel 16 man team rather than play in one of our weekend “majors” where we play our own ball.

I also only play in the season long team match play with a partner over singles even though it is harder to schedule because it is fun.

Team golf my teammates will be there for me and I will have the chance to pick them up also.

I played high school golf. Instead of stroke, we played match play throughout the county. 4 spots on the varsity team, 4 on JV. You play another opponent but ultimately its the collective points between the 4 man team.

It is FUN. I think quite a bit was covered but being able to play for others, to play for the 1/2 or full point...it's a thrill. Unless it's a complete blowout...when you get those matches where it comes down to the 9th hole during the Group4's match (and this happened quite often), you really feel the teamwork and all of us winning. The coaches and the county did a great job with scheduling. We play 9 hole matches 5x a week for 3-4 months straight.

I'm the guy that roots for everyone in my group (against my own interests if there's money involved). I like to see people succeed at this game (even if it's only a handful or even one brilliant shot in the round).

What makes team golf so fun is that I have someone to root for in my own best interest other than myself. And, honestly, who doesn't like being part of a team (even if your team is horrible)? It's a group of players with a common interest and a common goal. That environment can bring out the best of us as players (and admittedly some of the worst, as people, if someone is too much of a Richard).

I like playing as a solo against a score or player also. If for, nothing else than, a barometer. But, in the end, that's all it ever really amounts to. 🤷‍♂️

I have more fun playing poorly with a teammate than I do playing poorly in an individual game. And when the team plays well, it is A LOT more fun than when I play well as an individual. Basically, team golf is just more fun.

My favorite aspect of it is the camaraderie and cheering each other on. I grew up playing team sports and have always enjoyed that part of it.

Simply put, I like the team aspect. It’s a fun experience to switch things up on the golf course and have a buddy or three to collaborate with for whatever format you’re playing. Even in singles I’m cheering on my buddies so that element is there regardless.

Team golf? I've always played solo or with golf buddies or strangers; never played on a team except for the one time I played in a charity thing. It was a long time ago. Our 4 some didn't even break 80 I don't think.

Love team golf where you can get out there to watch others. My favorite part of the MC a few years ago was being able to ride along with everyone watching the @Stryker & @PatsFan match on the final day. That was the absolute best!

Team golf is the best. Making a putt and getting a high five is the best.
4 eyes is better than 2 on putts.
Having everyone rooting and picking each other up is truly the best.

The final day of the 2018 Morgan Cup was awesome the Camaraderie and Friendship is something that I will never forget. @chefkritter riding on the back of my cart following my match the last few holes and getting to the final hole with both teams there.

I love the camaraderie from a team and the joys of winning and losing. Each has its place but I like anything with teams just a bit better.

Team Golf is the highest highs and lowest lows. It can bring out the best or worst in somebody.
Is there anything better than playing a Team format where you & your partner are both vibing? No.

Individual golf is pure. Get the ball in the hole, nobody to help you, nowhere to hide.

I play a lot of team events with my wife and really enjoy it.
I also play in 1 or 2 other events with friends and enjoy those as well.
The coming together as a team is my favorite aspect of team events.

Love team golf where you can get out there to watch others. My favorite part of the MC a few years ago was being able to ride along with everyone watching the @Stryker & @PatsFan match on the final day. That was the absolute best!
Man that was such a great time! You should have been with @PatsFan and I when we played in Maine and he fell out the golf cart and bounced across the fairway! 🤣

Back