Favorite Christmas Movies

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
your favorite Christmas movies. and if you want to include die hard go for it, it's your list. but if you include die hard you might as well include lethal weapon and many other non-Christmas movie's that take place over Christmas.....lol

1. Christmas Vacation- our house's favorite. we watch it several times a year and not just during Christmas
2. A Christmas Story
3. Krampus- Christmas horror
4. The Grinch- just put all 3 in here. we watch all of them and love them all
5. Elf

honorable mentions: Four Christmas', Daddy's Home 2, Polar Express, Scrooged (bill murray), Jingle All the Way

Christmas Vacation.

"Have you check our sh***ers, honey?"

Die Hard

your favorite Christmas movies. and if you want to include die hard go for it, it's your list. but if you include die hard you might as well include lethal weapon and many other non-Christmas movie's that take place over Christmas.....lol

1. Christmas Vacation- our house's favorite. we watch it several times a year and not just during Christmas
2. A Christmas Story
3. Krampus- Christmas horror
4. The Grinch- just put all 3 in here. we watch all of them and love them all
5. Elf

honorable mentions: Four Christmas', Daddy's Home 2, Polar Express, Scrooged (bill murray), Jingle All the Way

This is the perfect list.

1639581882453.png

Scrooged with Bill Murray

In no particular order: Christmas Vacation, Die Hard, Home Alone, Grinch Cartoon, It’s a Wonderful Life, and a Christmas Story.

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Home Alone 1&2

Why Him?

Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Grinch, Charlie Brown, The Santa Claus

My take on the Die Hard/Christmas movie debate is that Christmas movies should only be watched during the holiday season. Die Hard doesn't fall into that category because it can be enjoyed anytime of the year.

In no particular order

Jim Carrey Grinch
Elf
Home Alone 2 (it's better than 1, fight me)
Jingle All The Way
The Santa Clause
The Polar Express
A Christmas Carol
It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
The Santa Clause
Elf

Not necessarily in that order but those are my four must watch every year.

It's a Wonderful Life is the greatest Christmas movie and the greatest movie, of any genre, of all time.

A Christmas Story is a distant second for Christmas movies.

Everything else is just noise.

I would argue that the most successful Christmas franchise is the Hallmark Channel movie. Just like Jean Shepherd did with A Christmas Story, Hallmark takes one cheesy plot, keeps Mad Libbing the settings and characters, and they have a fan base that can't get enough. Definitely not my favorite, but the commercial success is definitely there.

Christmas Vacation

Also...I can't stand A Christmas Story. Terrible movie.

Christmas Vacation. The squirrel scene and the ladder scene at the beginning get me every time

A Christmas Story is the only must-watch in our house. Everything else is just background fodder.

1. Elf
2. A Christmas Story
3. Bad Santa
4. Christmas Vacation

A few more, but those are usually watched every year at some point.

Back