Favorite Course Played in 2015

Greywalls in upper Michigan. Wow. Breathtaking views and one of the only times I've felt it was just me, golf and nature with no distractions anywhere.

1. Whistling Straits - Straits Course - Number 1 by a long shot
  2. Whistling Straits - Irish Course - Played it today and it was magnificent but still not Whistling Straits.
  3. The Tribute Golf Club at the Colony in Dallas Texas - 18 replica holes of the most famous holes in Scotland.
  4. The New Course at Grand Cypress.
  5. TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course - only because the #16 stadium was still partially up.
  6. Blackwolf Run River Course - Beautiful and challenging course and it was fun seeing the Salmon swimming up river, but it wasn't $300 spectacular.
  7. Boone Valley - Basically Jack Taylor's private club (Enterprise Rent-A-Car Founder). His family covers the $1,000,000+ year-after-year just so they have basically their own Pete Dye course to play at.
  8. Shoal Creek - The best public course in KC IMHO.
  9. ....

I could keep going on-and-on. I've been very fortunate to play a ton of kick-a$$ courses this year. After these, they start to run together. I've played over 70 rounds in 2015 and these have very specific memories for me.

I've played some awesome rounds this year. Looking back on it, I'd have to say my three favorite tracks were:

1.) Soldier Hollow, Midway, UT. Unbeknownst to me, course was closed for practice round for the Utah Open qualifier. They let me on as a single and played an eye-opening round with a mini-tour guy playing in the qualifier.

bLUwy7xl.jpg

CLHZYfXl.jpg

2.) Baywood Greens, Baywood, DE
The so-called "Augusta of the North". Fantastic conditions, and a round with my girlfriend and best friend. This place spends over $1 million annually on flowers, and it shows.

Dkkw3Phl.jpg

LHexIi4l.jpg

ZRomx7rl.jpg

3. Berkshire Valley, Oak Ridge, NJ
My favorite kind of course: mountain front, valley back. Holes 1 - 4 have gorgeous views of the meadows-style back 9. After some narrow, technical holes with elevation changes, the course just opens up. Great conditions and weather.

NT4cSsPl.jpg

Honorable Mentions: Whiskey Creek, Marine Park, Rum Pointe.

nItg4Uul.jpg

ONwfPEtl.jpg

X0g70GYl.jpg

Great. Season.

Last edited:
Current 2 are Walnut Creek Country Club in South Lyon... Thanks Sam & CC.. Pine Knob.. Both in Michigan... Saturday will be a rare treat to play Oakland Hills... US OPEN & Ryder Cup.. I will post a review and some photos.. Very excited.. Never thought I would get an invite...I am playing well and it should be the highlight of my year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

South Course at Firestone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Stonewall, Buffalo Creek, LedgeStone, and
df288ed774a7ad7a898f04ce8c7b567b.jpg

1. Tobiano out in Kamloops. I played my worst and couldn't do a dang thing and if it wasn't for some good playing partners and having a good time it would have been an embarrassment also it was the worst conditions I played in all year.

2. I really enjoyed playing out at Drumheller and anyone passing through Alberta should give it a go.

1. Tobiano out in Kamloops. I played my worst and couldn't do a dang thing and if it wasn't for some good playing partners and having a good time it would have been an embarrassment also it was the worst conditions I played in all year.

2. I really enjoyed playing out at Drumheller and anyone passing through Alberta should give it a go.
No joke dude...that wind was freaking brutal! Beauty of a track though

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No joke dude...that wind was freaking brutal! Beauty of a track though

Would love to try and do something like this again next year. I need redemption, I promise I'm not as bad as it looked hahahaah.

Would love to try and do something like this again next year. I need redemption, I promise I'm not as bad as it looked hahahaah.
You and me both brother haha

My entry here will likely happen tomorrow, which will be Arcadia Bluffs in Arcadia, MI with LordByron and Michigan Slice.

Prior to that and barring anything crazy, it'd was Buffalo Ridge in Branson, MO at the unofficial THP get together in June.

9690504abaae39e1c1754dc405515a58.jpg

Can't go wrong with either, spectacular views with great people [besides the one pictured :alien:] .
Yup, I was right. Arcadia Bluffs it is for 2015. Panoramski....

a15ee94fa76dca83040a686513f306bc.jpg

I'd give the nod to The Ritz Carlton followed by World Woods.

Favorite Course Played in 2015

I'm going to go with Pinehurst #8 as my favorite.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444313864.343619.jpg

I also really enjoyed Savannah Harbor and Eagle Crest for the MI/OH gathering.

Probably Ballyhack in VA. An awesome, extremely difficult course.

So far this year the Island course at Innisbrook has been my favorite.

I loved number 8 as well.
Number 2 is awesome just because it is Pinehurst number 2, but 8 is really an awesome course. Fazio did a great job on it

I'm going to go with Pinehurst #8 as my favorite.
View attachment 22144

I also really enjoyed Savannah Harbor and Eagle Crest for the MI/OH gathering.

Wolf Creek

Hello all, Had a chance to play Oakland Hills North Course on Saturday. Great weather and company. Really stayed focused on the task at hand so I did not take as many photos as I would have liked. The range was as nice as I could imagine a range to be. Pretty, Clean, Pro V1 practice balls. Rough and fairways were about what I expected. Top Notch. The greens were true and well maintained. Not any faster than my home course. The slope and speed were not as severe as what I would have expected. The clubhouse and locker room were spot on, the guys in the clubhouse were very pleasant and I think my golf shoes are clean as new:curl-lip:. All in all, my favorite course this year.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
OaklandHill uphill.jpg

Attachments

• 20151010_154525.jpg
    20151010_154525.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20151010_160013.jpg
    20151010_160013.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20151010_141107.jpg
    20151010_141107.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20151010_151226.jpg
    20151010_151226.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20151010_111444.jpg
    20151010_111444.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
Ridgewood Country Club where I am a member and TPC Scottsdale in Arizona both great courses

Dahlgreen

Sandy Pines in Demotte, IN. Hidden out in the middle of nowhere in the fields of Indiana. I've played there once a year the last 3 years in their Fall "Bring Your Best" 4-man team scramble event. Amazing property. Great facilities. Only complaint, no driving range? I think they have plenty of land to build one, though.

Short of maybe getting a nod to the grandaddy, this one has been a lock for some time now...

20150603_093605-XL.jpg

20150603_151504-XL.jpg

20150603_135904-XL.jpg

Uhhhhhhh, yeah, I'd say Valhalla would be pretty hard to beat....

Back