Favorite Course You Played This Year

wolf Creek, Mesquite Nevada.
attachment.php

On my to do list for next year.

My past couple of rounds have been scrambles at Scenic Hills in northern Pensacola. It hosted a Ladies US Open in the 1960's but has struggled through managerial malfeasance until this year. It's not perfect, but the layout is a lot of fun and offers a lot of options off the tee. Greens are receptive but quick, and it's got actual elevation changes, which is kind of different for the area.

Maui at Kapalua, the Plantation course.

Without a doubt playing at Pelican Hills this year was my favorite. Course was beautiful and some great company! Got 36 in at Monarch Beach last week and that course was amazing as well. My other favorites include Black Gold & Red Hawk. Going to be doing some traveling next year for golf so hopefully this list expands to some courses outside So Cal

The Brickyard Course this year on the Indy Get Together was fun and different.
So was the course at Purdue University.

2017 was a fantastic year for playing some top notch courses. Examples include; Hazeltine, Pelican Hills North, Torrey Pines, Wolf Creek, Paiute, and Lahinch in Ireland. However, my #1 course is the three walking rounds we played in a day at Doonbeg.

Looks windy!

I bet there are a few updates to this one now...

Trump National in LA.
Beautiful course, beautiful views, fantastic condition, very challenging.

Hard to choose between the two beautiful courses at The Hideaway, but I’m going to have to go with the Clive course as my favorite I’ve played this year. So scenic, and such a good collection of par 3s. Absolute golf paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it was the Dye course at The Hideaway. I loved the complexity of the greens, the uneven lies, the back drop on all of the holes and the layout. It was perfection.

Gosh I didn't get to play a while lot of new courses this year. I actually can't think of one unfortunately... But that'll change once I get to Florida in a few weeks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Since I can't say The Hideaway...yet. I will have to go with Pebble Beach. The ocean view holes are absolutely worth it.

I was pretty fortunate this year and played quite a few nice courses. From start to finish it was Old American in Dallas, then Falconhead in Austin, then Purgatory, Kampen, and Brickyard all in Indy, and finished up with the courses at Callaway Gardens in Georgia.

I'll go top 3 in no particular order and say the Mountain course at Callaway Gardens, The Brickyard in Indy, and Falconhead in Austin. Just a great collection of golf holes between those 3 courses.

I was pretty fortunate this year and played quite a few nice courses. From start to finish it was Old American in Dallas, then Falconhead in Austin, then Purgatory, Kampen, and Brickyard all in Indy, and finished up with the courses at Callaway Gardens in Georgia.

I'll go top 3 in no particular order and say the Mountain course at Callaway Gardens, The Brickyard in Indy, and Falconhead in Austin. Just a great collection of golf holes between those 3 courses.

First time I’ve gotten to play the Brickyard was this year. It’s at the top of the list for me.

First time I’ve gotten to play the Brickyard was this year. It’s at the top of the list for me.

Such a cool original setup for a golf course, one of a kind for sure. Being a Dye course it was also really fun and challenging with some beautiful holes throughout the course! We're gonna have to make Aaron take us again. :D

Such a cool original setup for a golf course, one of a kind for sure. Being a Dye course it was also really fun and challenging with some beautiful holes throughout the course! We're gonna have to make Aaron take us again. :D

Any weekend you want to come up man.

Well this one is easy...the Clive course at the Hideaway. Not only is every single hole the greatest looking hole I have ever played but also is host to one of my best Eagle's I have ever made!

Mine still is (and probably always will be) the Dye course at The Hideaway. Unless I ever get to play them again and decide I like Clive better, lol.

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be Spyglass Hill in 3 weeks!

#FiberLaunch

Mine would be a tossup between Pelican Hill and Wynn Golf course in Vegas.

Greystone Golf Club in White Hall, Maryland. I can't put my finger on it, but something about the course just always makes me play really well, usually a few strokes under handicap. I think the fact that it's far from me and I really only get to play it once or twice, I try to really stay focused each shot. Anyone that visits Greater Baltimore area, do yourself a favor and play this course!!

Troon North - Monument Course

I had a great year for new courses, but Biltmore Forest CC in Asheville NC topped my list. So pure. The renovation to this Donald Ross classic former Tour stop is bar none the most excellently maintained and conditioned golf course I've ever seen (except ANGC which I was a spectator not player).

List of Honorary mentions in order:

Chambers Bay
Old Macdonald
Bandon Dunes
Pebble Beach
Pacific Dunes
Poppy Hills

And hopefully Spyglass lives up to the hype in a couple weeks with the NorCal group!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Back