Feedback sought from one and all :)

metro-golf.com

Reaction score
Hi All - looking for some feedback on a new golf venture please. Is there a dedicated group for this on this forum or is the 'general' thread suitable from this sort of query?
Further information provided below to provide some context: However; happy to be directed to a more suitable location if this is not it. - thank you.

As a golfer who has lived in both urban and suburban locations, I enjoy playing golf outdoors but it is sometimes a hassle, so I do like the idea of golf facilities that are closer to home / more conveniently located and that are a bit more socially inclined. Additionally, given some of the damp and dreary weather conditions we've had this year, I've started to explore other ways to play, practice and socialize with friends by using indoor golf simulator facilities. At first I was skeptical but having seen their accuracy on the range, I became hooked! I know a number of facilities already exist in this space however, I felt that we could improve the model to make golf even more accessible, sociable and affordable. I mean, who doesn't like some snacks, a beverage or two and some banter whilst playing a round on pebble beach (albeit simulated)?
Given our ambitions to make golf easily accessible to everyone, whilst lowering the barrier to entry and opening up the game to a wider audience + demographic - we've decided to create https://www.metro-golf.com/ . Please have a look at our website and let us know your thoughts (or reservations for that matter) - all feedback welcome!

I’m all about sim golf, so this looks good to me. Unfortunately I’m on the wrong side of the pond, but good luck.

Last edited:
I’m all about sim golf, so this looks good to me. Unfortunately I’m on the wrong side of the pond, but good luck.

Thanks stryper :) - Not to worry, our objective is to have a network globally, so keep an eye out as we'll aim to deliver a venue somewhere local to you over the next 18 or so months (y)

I know in my area there are multiple privately owned indoor simulator bars, and a few courses/pro shops that have simulator bays, not to mention a year round TopTracer range. How would this be different outside of being a chain?

What golf technology are you using

I know in my area there are multiple privately owned indoor simulator bars, and a few courses/pro shops that have simulator bays, not to mention a year round TopTracer range. How would this be different outside of being a chain?

Now there's the secret ingredient :ROFLMAO: but in all fairness, one of our USP's is being able to offer our members convenience, consistency and value - which we deliver through our "chain" of partners. We have further plans to match golfers with tutors and other players but our key priority now is to build out our network of venues. Feel free to follow us on our socials to keep up to date with developments as we scale.

we've done extensive research on the brands and have decided that Trackman best meets our specific needs. ⛳🏌️‍♀️🏌️‍♂️
That’s a great choice, some will argue but Trackman is the best

we've done extensive research on the brands and have decided that Trackman best meets our specific needs. ⛳🏌️‍♀️🏌️‍♂️
For indoor use? Hmmmm.
I won’t debate that here though, I know the goal is just to create awareness/advertise 😃

Top golf suites are a thing in the USA. There is one in the sports bar at TPC San Antonio (High Velocity). I don’t know Top Golf’s footprint where you are located, but they are a big brand (Callaway). How is your company different? What’s the competitive advantage/marketing angle?

For indoor use? Hmmmm.
I won’t debate that here though, I know the goal is just to create awareness/advertise 😃

:D indoor use indeed.
Feel free to debate away ;) there are some good competitors but the price value hits the sweet-spot for professional & recreational / entertainment usage imho

Top golf suites are a thing in the USA. There is one in the sports bar at TPC San Antonio (High Velocity). I don’t know Top Golf’s footprint where you are located, but they are a big brand (Callaway). How is your company different? What’s the competitive advantage/marketing angle?

I'm not (personally) convinced about the commercial viability of top golf suites tbh, given they are very expensive (circa $80k a piece if memory serves).
Wrt Topgolf, yep we have a few of those here in the UK but they are really only suited to outer suburbs given the size and scale, then there's the great British weather to take into consideration too :)☔

Our company has no intention to compete with topgolf range as our venues will only have (generally speaking) between 1 and 6 bays - whereas topgolf has x20 that amount. Our facilities will also be indoor (i.e. year round) and conveniently located (e.g. locations scattered around where you live but also available at locations where you work, or even where you holiday) - 1 network, multiple venues, numerous destinations / locations.
Hope that provides a bit more clarity (y)

Last edited:
I'm not (personally) convinced about the commercial viability of top golf suites tbh, given they are very expensive (circa $80k a piece if memory serves).
Wrt Topgolf, yep we have a few of those here in the UK but they are really only suited to outer suburbs given the size and scale, then there's the great British weather to take into consideration too :)☔

Our company has no intention to compete with topgolf range as our venues will only have (generally speaking) between 1 and 6 bays - whereas topgolf has x20 that amount. Our facilities will also be indoor (i.e. year round) and conveniently located (e.g. locations scattered around where you life but also available at locations where you work, or even where you holiday) - 1 network, multiple venues, numerous destinations / locations.
Hope that provides a bit more clarity (y)
Five Iron Golf has been doing this for some time now.

Five Iron Golf has been doing this for some time now.

They have agreed, but they are US specific and have dedicated venues. We intend to expand beyond (most) borders, and will be working with key partners to deliver a more comprehensive package e.g. you can go and hit a couple of balls in town / on holiday, whilst the missus goes to the spa / gym right next door (or even on site).

I think the crux of it is, Topgolf, 5Iron (and others) are all successful commercial venues. Metro-golf.com will be in a similar space but is working in partnership with other venues, to deliver more value (and convenience) for both our members and non-members alike.

Last edited:
Indoors or outdoors? (yes that 100% matters)
Either, I use Trackman indoors in the winter and it is very accurate and not having to use stickers is nice. My buddy has quad (great unit as well) we used them both in a bay and they are extremely close on accuracy. The TM4 is much better indoors than people realize.

Either, I use Trackman indoors in the winter and it is very accurate and not having to use stickers is nice. My buddy has quad (great unit as well) we used them both in a bay and they are extremely close on accuracy. The TM4 is much better indoors than people realize.
With indoor play, Trackman requires their balls to be dotted or specific balls put in play for accurate readings.

In every Trackman indoor experience I have ever had (without the dotted balls), many of the numbers return italicized which means they are not accurate, but rather, equations off other data points.

With indoor play, Trackman requires their balls to be dotted or specific balls put in play for accurate readings.

In every Trackman indoor experience I have ever had (without the dotted balls), many of the numbers return italicized which means they are not accurate, but rather, equations off other data points.

I guess it depends on how 'serious' you are on your golf but completely agree that none of the manufacturers out there offer a "perfect" solution. I know one is not supposed to use "normal" balls on (any) sims - due to marking reasons - but we'll make sure we cater for capabilities ;)

Thanks for the feedback all - it's very much appreciated. Clearly a (somewhat) dividing subject still :LOL: but I'm a firm believer that these facilities will become more and more prevalent as time passes and habits change etc. On wards and upwards as they say!

Back