First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

What is the club on the left? ( sorry if i did not read far enough back to know)

Been playing the TCB the last few days and they're just so great. Couple great outings and puring those things is such a delight. Then today they saved my as a couple times with a bit of forgiveness. Really like how the head is so neutral and stable with them. Nothing crazy going on but a good sized cavity to help you out.

Still waiting on the invoice from the club builder to officially place the order but finally made a decision.

The TCBs were locked in from the first time I hit them. Had to have them in my bag. Decided to go with the TCB in the 6-PW with Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 X100 shafts bent 1 degree strong with pro soft inserts to dampen the vibrations a bit due to my wrist pain that flares up at times (and apparently is something I just have to live with after getting an x-ray and MRI 🙄).

Once I got the shafts figured out, the big debate was the long irons. I kind of wanted to go full TCB 4-PW but some pics online kind of intimidated me. Ultimately decided I needed some more forgiveness up top so turned to Apex 21 or Apex Pro. Absolutely love the look of the Pros but I kept wondering if it would be enough forgiveness so I was hesitating. Gut was saying go with the Pros but I know the Apex 21 are probably a bit more forgiving.

So I originally submitted for the Apex 21 bent weak to blend with the TCBs. Later that day I stopped by Golf Galaxy to get a better look at the Apex 21 4 and 5 irons to make sure I made the right move. Unfortunately, I just didn’t love the look of them. A bit more bulky than I like and a bit more offset.

After thinking about it for a bit, I finally listened to my gut and emailed the club builder asking if it was too late to switch to the Apex Pros haha he said it wasn’t a problem luckily. I just knew if I got the regular Apex, I would constantly be wondering if I should’ve gone with the Pros. I can always order the Apex 21 in the 4 and 5 iron at a later date if I really wanted to compare.

I’m super pumped though and keep checking my email every like 10 minutes waiting for the invoice so I can get the order officially submitted and start the dreaded waiting period. Took about 5 swings with the TCBs to know there was no chance I was going into the summer without them in my bag. Can’t wait.
I did a TCB/Pro split as well and I am loving the TCB in the lower irons. So consistent.

Last edited:
Be the and let the club be you? :unsure: haha
In the past I tried to entertain a different swing thought with every swing, but I think these Pros can change that. I’ve had a soul crushing work week since these showed up, but I’m really looking forward to getting them on the SkyTrak. They were unbelievable at ECPC and I need to see if the magic is still there! Also can’t wait to see how the Modus X shafts work versus the old players lite shafts I was swinging all over the place.

Did anyone notice CPO has the Apex 21 line on sale?

I did and @OldandStiff pictures were a bad influence on me. I have a like new set of MB coming my way. Can't wait to see if I can play them, or if I will just enjoy looking at them cause my game is not good enough.

I did and @OldandStiff pictures were a bad influence on me. I have a like new set of MB coming my way. Can't wait to see if I can play them, or if I will just enjoy looking at them cause my game is not good enough.

Sounds like a fantastic journey of discovery! :p

Has anyone been fit into the UST Recoil Dart shafts with these? If so, what do you think of the combo?

Has anyone been fit into the UST Recoil Dart shafts with these? If so, what do you think of the combo?

I don't have the darts, but I do have the MMTs and they are delightful! PGA SS in fairfax probably has that combo to hit though. Or we can grab a round when this crap weather finally clears.

Hit these in the sim yesterday to warm up before testing some other stuff and remembered why I love these clubs. I was worried that 95g would be too light but they've worked out pretty good so far. So easy to just smoosh the ball with.

I don't have the darts, but I do have the MMTs and they are delightful! PGA SS in fairfax probably has that combo to hit though. Or we can grab a round when this crap weather finally clears.

Hit these in the sim yesterday to warm up before testing some other stuff and remembered why I love these clubs. I was worried that 95g would be too light but they've worked out pretty good so far. So easy to just smoosh the ball with.

I have the Recoil 95's in my irons. I thought they would be too light as well. But they've turned out pretty good, especially for my slow ass swing & wrists :ROFLMAO:

How far south do we have to drive to get a round in? I'm down for a road trip (y)

I have the Recoil 95's in my irons. I thought they would be too light as well. But they've turned out pretty good, especially for my slow ass swing & wrists :ROFLMAO:

How far south do we have to drive to get a round in? I'm down for a road trip (y)

Lol probably farther than usual this time of year. Hoping we get some more mild weather after this weekend and I can get a soggy round or two in.

In a wild turn of events, my Pro (4i)/TCB (5-PW) combo was delivered today 😳 ordered them last Friday through Callaway! Can’t believe they got that order done and delivered so fast.

Extremely pumped. They look absolutely incredible. Can’t wait to hopefully get in the simulator this weekend or early next week.

I blamed @OldandStiff for my Combo purchase as well - .

I blamed @OldandStiff for my Combo purchase as well - .

I'll take all the blame in the world if you end up enjoying them!

Complaints should be taken to the manufacturers though. :LOL:

My TCBs have...not arrived yet. Excitement continues to remains high though!

I'll take all the blame in the world if you end up enjoying them!

Complaints should be taken to the manufacturers though. :LOL:
Actually, unfortantanly, my set is going back to CPO, so you are off the hook.
I hit my Epic Forged irons at least a club longer and it's not even close.
If I didn't have the EF, it'd keep them however there is no sense, let someone else enjoy the set.
The spin was the same between them so there wasn't anything to gain holding greens.

Actually, unfortantanly, my set is going back to CPO, so you are off the hook.
I hit my Epic Forged irons at least a club longer and it's not even close.
If I didn't have the EF, it'd keep them however there is no sense, let someone else enjoy the set.
The spin was the same between them so there wasn't anything to gain holding greens.
Those Epic Forged are pretty spicy for how they look. Tough to beat on distance.

I'd be careful of those Darts at 70g if you're playing 95g now unless you've tried them. That's a big difference in weight, had some poor experiences when going too light in graphite.

I'd be careful of those Darts at 70g if you're playing 95g now unless you've tried them. That's a big difference in weight, had some poor experiences when going too light in graphite.
Yeah I wouldn't go any lower than my 95's now. I think these are too light :ROFLMAO: as it is

Back