First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

It certainly means either buy them or watch your entire life go to hell in a hand basket. You don’t mess around with dreams, dude.

I’m kinda regretting not going with the Triple Play combo at this point. I’ll have to test out the Apex AW to see if it has comparable versatility to my old Smoke Pro AW. If not, I may just have to buy a Pro AW too. :)

I’m kinda regretting not going with the Triple Play combo at this point. I’ll have to test out the Apex AW to see if it has comparable versatility to my old Smoke Pro AW. If not, I may just have to buy a Pro AW too. :)
Somebody else posting in this thread would tell you to buy 2 or 3 of them. Paging @OldandStiff. 😂

I see a Callaway now offers a 30 day guarantee with a full refund...So, if your looking to try something...just saying...

I see a Callaway now offers a 30 day guarantee with a full refund...So, if your looking to try something...just saying...

full refund if you don't hit them. full credit toward another callaway purchase if you do hit them. still a great offer.

COVID boredom got the better of me, no fittings available due to lockdown 😡, ordered a set of combo Apex21, 6-9 & Pw/Aw in the pros with nippon 950 shafts and Cp pro grips, have always liked these shafts when I have tried them, moving from recoils, hope it’s a happy marriage lol

Not sure if guys knew this already, but gonna throw this out there for you:

I called Callaway to inquire about an MMT 125g setup (not an option on their website) and I was told they can get them for me, but I would basically be paying the full costs of a set of clubs (say $1200) plus the full cost of the shafts (say $450). Costly, but I suppose a hidden bonus is he said the tour dept. builds them.

:unsure::LOL:

I called Callaway to inquire about an MMT 125g setup (not an option on their website) and I was told they can get them for me, but I would basically be paying the full costs of a set of clubs (say $1200) plus the full cost of the shafts (say $450). Costly, but I suppose a hidden bonus is he said the tour dept. builds them.

And, you are likely looking at additional weeks of time to wait, but no worries, @OldandStiff will have another set or two that he would let you borrow during the wait time.

@DNevsCG spoke about this during the THP Showcase live stream.

If you missed it, you can watch it here.

@DNevsCG spoke about this during the THP Showcase live stream.

If you missed it, you can watch it here.

Thanks, yes, I watched it live and remember what he said. I didn't recall him mentioning a premium price on top of the price for a full set of clubs. I'm not complaining...it is what it is as a wise man once said.
I imagined it would just be a relatively smaller portion upcharge.

I have my freshly dirty trade clubs and am headed into the store to get the skinny on this. Come on Golf God's, be good to me..

edit: minor delay, ability to acquire TBD

Last edited:
Thanks, yes, I watched it live and remember what he said. I didn't recall him mentioning a premium price on top of the price for a full set of clubs. I'm not complaining...it is what it is as a wise man once said.
I imagined it would just be a relatively smaller portion upcharge.

it makes sense that they'd charge full price. they have to special order one-off requests, so there's no volume discount on a largescale order. i know you're not complaining, just saying i'm not surprised.

it makes sense that they'd charge full price. they have to special order one-off requests, so there's no volume discount on a largescale order. i know you're not complaining, just saying i'm not surprised.
Agreed.....although my thinking is they are sorta charging you twice right. I mean the MMT TX model is in the full cost price, then they charge you the full retail to get what you're after. Again, I get it and there are plenty of great options available to not bother. Interesting, that's all. Good point on the volume bit.

Agreed.....although my thinking is they are sorta charging you twice right. I mean the MMT TX model is in the full cost price, then they charge you the full retail to get what you're after. Again, I get it and there are plenty of great options available to not bother. Interesting, that's all. Good point on the volume bit.

the answer to your problem is to work out less, and swing slower. then you can fit perfectly into stock shafts and save a bunch of money haha

the answer to your problem is to work out less, and swing slower. then you can fit perfectly into stock shafts and save a bunch of money haha
Or age. Let me tell you, there is nothing like being 60 and swinging heavy stiff shafts.

"Work out less...." lol....

Just received a tracking number for my DCBs!! Status shows picked up/shipped from Monterrey Mexico. Have to check back tomorrow for scheduled delivery date, paid for 2nd day air so hopefully get them for this weekend!!!!
Was the order at any point listed as backordered?

Nope, Placed order on 31 Jan and estimated wait showed 3-4 weeks. Current status shows UPS picked up package and location is in Mexico.

My ones with the IO shafts I put in immediately the morning ordering opened up now says backordered. What a bunch of ********.

My ones with the IO shafts I put in immediately the morning ordering opened up now says backordered. What a bunch of ********.
The “backordered” is really puzzling to me. I understand that there have been difficulties in supply chains and have heard something about a barge of heads dumped in the ocean but equipment sales have been on fire since it became evident to to everybody that golf was one thing that would largely continue during the pandemic. With that knowledge for 8 months and with a huge release (I view the Apex/Epic year release as bigger than the other year of Rogue, Mavrik, etc.), you would think that the company would be able to fill at least the orders being submitted directly to the company online. I really don’t understand it, I guess.

I'm glad my handicap is 8, I don't qualify for the Pro's +5 to 5. Damn, I'm still going to hit them. :)
I’m a 9.1 and I loved the feel of them last Friday. So much I’m going back to my fitter to find the right shaft for them. Then it’s time to save up lol

Back