First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Jealous and happy for all of the people that have them incoming!

The dart shafts are very good!

Me too..... 🤦‍♂️
[/QUOTE]

me three

With the 7 to 8 split....think I'd be tempted to play the pro 7 one degree weak to sneak some offset out of it.
That's what I would do too, maybe even 2 weak. Maybe not though, and just push the 8. The ball flight is the big thing for me with the 7's. Some of the techy stuff wants to get up, so going weak at the highest loft that's still really techy can get dicey for the flight I want. Definitely adds a lot more forgiveness though.

Last edited:
All you guys and your MB dreams. Talking About 7i this and deloft that and then offset this. All I see is pretty bag pieces of art that would end up on my wall so I can just stare at them and daydream.

Now.....a 4 and 5 iron in Apex to maybe mix into the Pros might be something to ponder.

If we ever all meet in person, do we like....just play it cool like we are not huge golf nerds?

Or do you just go all in on the nerd factor?
I assume there must be a level of restraint that normal behavior dictates.

🤔😆

Jan/Feb is like OD’ing on golf equipment. Its hard to think straight.

We will be having a live forum chat next week with Callaway where you guys can ask them anything on Apex and Epic and get answers straight from the source.

Now.....a 4 and 5 iron in Apex to maybe mix into the Pros might be something to ponder.
I'd even be open to a DCB 4i to add some punch leading into the next part of the bag. No bad options, really.

If we ever all meet in person, do we like....just play it cool like we are not huge golf nerds?

Or do you just go all in on the nerd factor?
I assume there must be a level of restraint that normal behavior dictates.

🤔😆

Jan/Feb is like OD’ing on golf equipment. Its hard to think straight.

there’s only one way to find out. we have to meet up. apex bros 2021

it is funny getting together with thp’ers. the hive mind is real. you’ve never seen so many swag covers, jordan golf shoes, recoil custom shafts, bb&f ferrules, stitch alignment stick covers, and brand new gear.

it is funny getting together with thp’ers. the hive mind is real. you’ve never seen so many swag covers, jordan golf shoes, recoil custom shafts, bb&f ferrules, stitch alignment stick covers, and brand new gear.

Guess you just have to embrace how “special” we all are... lol

These posts are all making me go nuts. I need to get my order in soon so I can get them before the season starts! Love all the pics and feedback.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

My Apex irons shipped today!!

Hi all - just curious about the leading edge on the pros as I usually have issues with sharp edges (historically old mizunos were really fat city for me) and do better with more camber. Hard for me to tell exactly in the pics - can anyone comment? Thank you!

Hi all - just curious about the leading edge on the pros as I usually have issues with sharp edges (historically old mizunos were really fat city for me) and do better with more camber. Hard for me to tell exactly in the pics - can anyone comment? Thank you!

i wouldn't say the pros have a sharp leading edge. the standard would probably have more camber, though.

I'm coming from Rogue irons and want to pull the trigger on the DCBs. Can anyone provide insight on whether to get the 85g or 95g Elevate ETS shaft? My Rogues have the stock True Temper XP 95g and I'm wondering if the 85g in the DCBs will be too light.

I see a lot of talk about the Pro, MB, and Apex....but don't sleep on the DCBs! Have a couple of rounds with them and they are fantastic, super easy to hit, and pretty forgiving. The long irons are rockets! Distance control has been outstanding and haven't noticed any hot spots.

I'm sitting here staring at them and I wouldn't describe them as sharp necessarily. More standard-ish. They have a very slight rounded front, with a pretty straight edge, and no pre-wear. If you're familiar with the '19 Pros, side-by-side looking down the edge they're nearly identical. '19 just has a little more trail relief where the '21 is more squared off.

Is it really any different than the Pro 19s?
Quite so.

i very much agree with @OldandStiff the pro 21 is quite a bit different than the pro 19.

i really enjoyed the pro 19, but to me the pro 21 are better in almost every way. better sound/feel. more forgiveness. more consistency. and much sexier in the bag!

Four groups for the OCN Super Best Ball this year...

i very much agree with @OldandStiff the pro 21 is quite a bit different than the pro 19.

i really enjoyed the pro 19, but to me the pro 21 are better in almost every way. better sound/feel. more forgiveness. more consistency. and much sexier in the bag!

Any chance at pic looking down the soles? Really appreciate your inputs!

I'm coming from Rogue irons and want to pull the trigger on the DCBs. Can anyone provide insight on whether to get the 85g or 95g Elevate ETS shaft? My Rogues have the stock True Temper XP 95g and I'm wondering if the 85g in the DCBs will be too light.
Welcome to THP.

What sort of ball flight, numbers, etc. are you seeing with your current setup? What would you want to be different, if anything?

Back