First Look: Callaway Epic MAX Star Lineup

So I've looked to hit this iron (I've hit it once at @Club Champion ) however no one has a "fitting head"
Everyone has the 6i with a graphite shaft in it. That's not going to work.
I reached out to a club builder to make a 7i, which he can do for $350. Pretty expensive "Flyer" to take.

I see that 2 of the Callaway Corporate Staffers are playing the irons with different shafts in them, heavier and stiffer.
They obviously got fit at ECPC.
Kinda of a bummer that you can't get type of fitting

I wonder if you can play these irons with steel shafts.

These are great looking clubs!

i hit a 7i in these the past two days and am over the moon about them. im truly stunned about how well these perform - and the size, especially related to the "intended audience." i play 100g graphite and have a 7i ss of 88-90. these shafts and crazy light weights shouldnt fit me...on paper. but holy hell did they work.

not at the expense of spin. not at the expense of launch. not at the expense of peak heights. they are the full package and shockingly forgiving for the size. the ball speed retention on mishits was something that i have not seen on any iron i have ever struck. if this review reads like a bad infomercial, i apologize. :p

on top of all of this, these are gorgeous in hand. pertinent numbers were 121-123 bs, ~100 ft peak height, ~5500 spin (indoor mat), 19 launch, 46 descent angle. seriously hard to argue with results, but if i can get these swingweighted with a slightly heavier shaft without tipweighting, they are going in the bag.

They targeted clientele who would considered XXIO golf clubs & Driver that’s it folks. Don’t get trapped by marketing.

A. Andrus

CPO has the Epic MAX Star Fairway Woods Like New for $180;

1666104449399.png

Back