First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Wow. This really is a great looking wedge. I bought it blind, gonna be a few weeks before I play it but really happy with looks and swing weight. It came in at D5 which is right on spec. The head is about same size as my Ping Glide 3.0.

46410D3F-E23A-4491-8E58-98E8E988969A.jpeg
8EE47369-6658-470D-90D7-61E5B587B80C.jpeg

B8B78490-5382-48E9-BC43-456E37B02C60.jpeg

I was screwing around on a par 3 course this weekend, and sliced an iron shot right of the pin and onto the cart path. The vodka transfusion I was drinking got in my ear, and told me to take out my 60-low and pitch it off the bare dirt. I popped it 20 yards and got on.

Not good for the club, but a vote of confidence for tight lies!

Who is still playing these wedges. I had kind of forgotten about the two Tour Rack wedges that I ordered quite some time ago and had in the bag for a while. I had completely forgotten what great wedges they are. The lofts line up with a gap wedge that I am planning on using, so I was playing around with them today out on a grass field where I can hit balls. These have a very good chance of being in the A position in the bag.

8FA1B7B5-0F4F-4B35-818B-98DA0CB1EAA3.jpeg96046769-DD36-4F0F-94E5-476320848054.jpeg

Who is still playing these wedges. I had kind of forgotten about the two Tour Rack wedges that I ordered quite some time ago and had in the bag for a while. I had completely forgotten what great wedges they are. The lofts line up with a gap wedge that I am planning on using, so I was playing around with them today out on a grass field where I can hit balls. These have a very good chance of being in the A position in the bag.

View attachment 9070079View attachment 9070080
Absolutely love the 54 tour rack.

Absolutely love the 54 tour rack.
That’s what I have, as well as a 58. My recent iron sets have had gap wedges in the 48* range and it is too big of a gap, which caused me to put these aside. I may be onto something with a 49* gw and the 54* would flow right in.

My 60* Tour Rack is still in the bag, only comes out on a couple of courses where my low bounce 60* RTX4 is needed. The Tour Rack is the first lob wedge I've ever had that I have absolute confidence in on full shots from pretty much any lie.

54 and 58 in the bag, with the same pair in black finish at the shop to get my preferred shaft

I really like my full face 55 after one simulator session.

Just got my 54 ZipCore and 58 Full-Face tonight, both in black. Really looking forward to hitting them, though it might be a week or more. Great looking clubs, love the black finish.

I'm still playing my 58*. Such a good, consistent club from a wide variety of lies. Love the versatility.

my current plan is to have them in the bag for the start of the season.

ZipCore put in a shift this morning!

Got up and down at a 70% clip this morning and the vast majority of those were because I chipped it inside of 2’ so I just scooped it away.

Im smitten with these wedges.

Zipcore did it again. Got up and down 9 out of 15 tries, and put one to three feet from about 80 yds when I toe shanked a tee shot on a par three (it was a rough ball striking day)

The balance and feel of these just fit for me. It’s gotten to the point on straight forward chips I’ll leave the putter in the bag at times. Can’t wait to continue to let these work through the year.

Only complaint is that I struggled a bit with the 58 from wet, mushy lies. I might look to add the high bounce for when conditions get this way, or possibly the CBX or Sure-Out. That is all me with committing to those shots but if I can get the help why not?

Smitten with the RTX Zipcore wedges. I just have some much confidence to just control my golf ball, especially inside say 30 yards. Had one today off a downslope, over water, to an elevated green about 30 yards out. Hit a flighted little pitch that hit my spot and released just as expected to about 6’. Golf is fun when you see the shot and pull it off.

There was a point today where I was wondering if it would be silly to buy another set of these to keep
In the closet for a year or two until the current ones wear out….

Smitten with the RTX Zipcore wedges. I just have some much confidence to just control my golf ball, especially inside say 30 yards. Had one today off a downslope, over water, to an elevated green about 30 yards out. Hit a flighted little pitch that hit my spot and released just as expected to about 6’. Golf is fun when you see the shot and pull it off.
Glad you are continuing to enjoy these. Zipcore is so consistent. The feel and spin so confidence inspiring. Plus it's great from so many lies.

Anyone have any insight they could
share on lifecycle or stock? Was clicking around to get some stamped and saw the 54 deg was not an option in satin or black finish. Maybe I need to look at the raw options

I have ZipCore 54* in black.

Ah… Stamping. MIssed that.

Ah… Stamping. MIssed that.
I guess I can learn to stamp on the current one. it’s probably a skill I would use a good bit.

After several rounds with my full-face 58-degree, I took it out of the bag and played with my old 58 Vokey again. The RTX feels very heavy to me and I can't seem to get past it. It'll be on the Marketplace very soon.

I was very excited to try it because I play a lot of shots around the green with the heel elevated and the ball positioned off the toe. While I do like the fact that the grooves extend all the way out, it's just the weight that feels uncomfortable.

I still have a 60 I am playing.

I am considering replacing my MD4s. I have a Zipcore 50 degree and I just hit it so well. 95 yds from the center of the green over bunkers and I'm not afraid of it, and I like the feel. I'm thinking of the 54 and 58 to complete the set. Probably the 54 to start. Order at the same length as the 50 degree which was a custom shaft length.

Had a gift card and put it to use with a new 56* wedge. Have read quite a bit about the zip cores and interested to see how they compare in feel to my Cobra MIM 56* that has been an amazing club for me.

Back