First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

What bounce did you go with ans why?
It was a gift for winning fantasy football last year so I was unable to pick the bounce. However, I am 90% it is 10 deg bounce which is likely what I would have picked up anyways. I am not the biggest wedge technician and felt like a middle ground was best. Definitely would love a wedge fitting someday!

Just got done with a night golf round with my RTX4 Zipcore 60-06* lob wedge, and coming up on a year owning it total.

Let's just say it's freaking filthy and ended up being exactly what I wanted it to be. I resolved the left-right miss issue I mentioned earlier by opening my stance a bit, and that's made it start launching darts. Played more square, the low-bounce option can hit off of almost dire-bare lies and it can flop any shot you have enough grass to cut under. After being used for about a round a week for a year, the satin finish looks new, the face looks nearly new, and the grooves have another year worth of life left in them easy. This thing is locked into my bag and the only thing I'm going to replace it with is a RTX5 once the face is finally cooked.

Just got done with a night golf round with my RTX4 Zipcore 60-06* lob wedge, and coming up on a year owning it total.

Let's just say it's freaking filthy and ended up being exactly what I wanted it to be. I resolved the left-right miss issue I mentioned earlier by opening my stance a bit, and that's made it start launching darts. Played more square, the low-bounce option can hit off of almost dire-bare lies and it can flop any shot you have enough grass to cut under. After being used for about a round a week for a year, the satin finish looks new, the face looks nearly new, and the grooves have another year worth of life left in them easy. This thing is locked into my bag and the only thing I'm going to replace it with is a RTX5 once the face is finally cooked.
Awesome. It really is a great wedge!

The softness of the Zipcore with slightly firmer golf balls is a match made in heaven. Still dealing with winter rust but hit a few lovely little pitches today. It feels like they just you 15% more performance than your strike deserves if that makes sense. So excited to give them an extended run this season

The softness of the Zipcore with slightly firmer golf balls is a match made in heaven. Still dealing with winter rust but hit a few lovely little pitches today. It feels like they just you 15% more performance than your strike deserves if that makes sense. So excited to give them an extended run this season

UltiZip grooves are awesome. Really good bite and consistent from the junk.

Omg I literally said this exact same thing to an engineer there on Friday. Something about the sound of this wedge line with their Z-Star is bliss.

UltiZip grooves are awesome. Really good bite and consistent from the junk.
So I’ve enjoyed them so much I might have a second set in black on the way

So I’ve enjoyed them so much I might have a second set in black on the way

That is awesome. The black finish is really good!

I might have just joined the Zipcore brigade.
AB40CD87-E856-461A-8267-D307A76CD18B.png

I might have just joined the Zipcore brigade.
View attachment 9068916

A wise choice if I may say so. My favorite wedges ever. I played half of last season with the stock 54/58 Mid Zipcore with Spinner shaft, and then custom ordered the same with Steelfibers, and those will be in the bag again this coming season. So reliable and versatile. Enjoy.

I was sure I was going to go with SM8 this spring. Now you enablers have me thinking zipcore SW and maybe zipcore full face LW.

I was sure I was going to go with SM8 this spring. Now you enablers have me thinking zipcore SW and maybe zipcore full face LW.
Not trying to enable, but I played a few generations of Vokeys but won't look back with how the zipcore performs for me. I'm convinced it's because the CG is shifted out towards the toe more which is where I tend to go with my strike.

A wise choice if I may say so. My favorite wedges ever. I played half of last season with the stock 54/58 Mid Zipcore with Spinner shaft, and then custom ordered the same with Steelfibers, and those will be in the bag again this coming season. So reliable and versatile. Enjoy.

I ordered the 58 low with stock DG spinner shaft, in stock, so I’ll get this Wednesday. Wasn’t willing to wait 4-10 weeks for a custom Recoil shaft. I have one at home to reshaft if the steel isn’t good for me.

Also was thinking other brands but decided to stay with some forgiveness and something new that I’ve haven’t tried. Last Cleveland wedge I gamed was 20 years ago. Probably still have it somewhere.

Zipcore is so good for me on:

1. Full and partial shots. I used to only take partial wedge shots, but have no issues full swinging a Zipcore. Just so stable and such great dispersion.
2. From a variety if lies. It just gets thru all types of turf. Think, tight lies, etc, it just works.

Zipcore is so good for me on:

1. Full and partial shots. I used to only take partial wedge shots, but have no issues full swinging a Zipcore. Just so stable and such great dispersion.
2. From a variety if lies. It just gets thru all types of turf. Think, tight lies, etc, it just works.
Yeah, whatever magic/geometry is on the sole just works for me better than anything else out there, by a noticeable amount.

Yeah, whatever magic/geometry is on the sole just works for me better than anything else out there, by a noticeable amount.
I'll take all the magic/geometry help I can get.

I ordered the 58 low with stock DG spinner shaft, in stock, so I’ll get this Wednesday. Wasn’t willing to wait 4-10 weeks for a custom Recoil shaft. I have one at home to reshaft if the steel isn’t good for me.

Also was thinking other brands but decided to stay with some forgiveness and something new that I’ve haven’t tried. Last Cleveland wedge I gamed was 20 years ago. Probably still have it somewhere.

I can only say that anecdotally, when I ordered my custom Zipcores last fall from Discount Dan’s, I had them in hand within about 2 weeks. Not sure what the current timeline is. I got the Steelfiber i110 stiff SS 1X, and they are perfect.

And I can echo some of the recent posts that these just work, in all types of conditions, lies, etc. I did not have the chance to try the low or full bounce, but the mid works great for my Northeast course conditions. Enjoy.

Any comments on the Full Face Zipcore vs the RTX ZipCore?

Any comments on the Full Face Zipcore vs the RTX ZipCore?
I can't speak to playing the full face. I thought about it but the toe shaping just didn't mesh with my eye so I kept it standard.

I can only say that anecdotally, when I ordered my custom Zipcores last fall from Discount Dan’s, I had them in hand within about 2 weeks. Not sure what the current timeline is. I got the Steelfiber i110 stiff SS 1X, and they are perfect.

And I can echo some of the recent posts that these just work, in all types of conditions, lies, etc. I did not have the chance to try the low or full bounce, but the mid works great for my Northeast course conditions. Enjoy.

I was quoted 10 weeks from them, went another path.

My sophomore 2 bag is making the move into these and huge shout out to Cleveland/Srixon’s HS guy Andy Pruess for literally going all over to track down two of the wedges for HS and get them at the HS pricing. My kiddo is blown away and is a Cleveland/Srixon fan for life.

I was quoted 10 weeks from them, went another path.

Gotcha—well, I can say that the stock Zipcores with DG Spinner were fantastic for me. I only switched to the Steelfibers because I could, and I figured why not match my irons while getting the benefits of graphite. But there was really no need from a performance or feel standpoint. Enjoy.

Order placed.
RTX ZipCore 54.10 Mid Black with DG Spinner.

RTX Full-Face 58.09 Black with DG Spinner.

Back