First Professional Golf Experience

mcrobertsjmac32

Reaction score
Handicap
Today I went to my first professional golf tournament. I went to the Shoprite LPGA Classic. I never knew I would like watching Womens golf, but boy did I. It was incredible watching the girls pump drive after drive in the center of the fairway, and watching them spin back chip after chip.

Also rules are rather relaxed, so I got to be like 4 feet from Michelle Wie multiple times. It was very cool. Im a huge Big Break fan so seeing Sadena Parks was one of the biggest highlights of my day, I even got her tee from the tee box.

Also after Wie tee'd off on 14 I spotted a 2013 THP Albatross Club hat and introduced myself to a fellow THP'er.

Overall an amazing event. I wanted to put this on here for any who are hesitant to go to a womans event. This was unbelievable experience and I will definitely go every year to this tournament.

Very cool. I enjoy watching the women play, sometimes more than the guys. I want to get to an LPGA event soon. Glad you enjoyed it

My wife and I go every year to the LPGA event outside of Toledo O, and it is true that the LPGA play's a game a whole lot closer to what all of us here play, so I enjoy it, plus they are a lot better looking!. The PGA Tour is golf that we know nothing about, and the ego's seem a lot bigger with the men. Not saying the guys don't do well with the fans (some much better than others) but the ladies take a lot of time signing and interacting with the fans.

Today I went to my first professional golf tournament. I went to the Shoprite LPGA Classic. I never knew I would like watching Womens golf, but boy did I. It was incredible watching the girls pump drive after drive in the center of the fairway, and watching them spin back chip after chip.

Also rules are rather relaxed, so I got to be like 4 feet from Michelle Wie multiple times. It was very cool. Im a huge Big Break fan so seeing Sadena Parks was one of the biggest highlights of my day, I even got her tee from the tee box.

Also after Wie tee'd off on 14 I spotted a 2013 THP Albatross Club hat and introduced myself to a fellow THP'er.

Overall an amazing event. I wanted to put this on here for any who are hesitant to go to a womans event. This was unbelievable experience and I will definitely go every year to this tournament.
Sounds like an awesome time. Who was the THPer you met??

I went to the LPGA Championship when it was held in Maryland. On a practice round it was late in the day maybe 5:00 amd it had rained for about an hour so most everyone left. I was about to when a caddy came out with a bag on the first tee.

He he had it positioned so I couldn't read the name. But decided to wait. Good decision. About 10 minutes later Natalie Gulbis came out. There's were three of us at the tee. After she hit a couple drives we asked if we could walk with her for a few holes. She said, "Absolutley, that will be great to have some company." Are you kidding me.

She walked along the rope and talked to us. At the green she chipped several balls from where we were standing. Then stopped and talked for a few minutes. About Michelle Wie (this was the year she tried the US Open qualifying) We walked one more hole with her.

Before we left. She took pictures with each of us and her caddie handed us a couple passes to the tournament.

Fan For Life!!

The 1996 Greater Milwaukee Open. Which was famous for something or other.

My first pro tournament was the Shell Houston Open when it was held at the Woodlands CC. I bartended at that time at a restaurant and Billy RayBrown's dad and brother were my regulars. One year they invited me to go with them with "Family of Contestant" badges. We walked inside the ropes and got to meet Freddie Couples that weekend along with a few other pros. It was a fun two days.

[QaoosierGolfer;3789013]My wife and I go every year to the LPGA event outside of Toledo O, and it is true that the LPGA play's a game a whole lot closer to what all of us here play, so I enjoy it, plus they are a lot better looking!. The PGA Tour is golf that we know nothing about, and the ego's seem a lot bigger with the men. Not saying the guys don't do well with the fans (some much better than others) but the ladies take a lot of time signing and interacting with the fans.[/QUOTE]

Ur right. Very easy on the eyes. I always knew Michelle Wie was pretty. But she is gorgeous in person

Sounds like an awesome time. Who was the THPer you met??

It was awesome! I.cant remember his screen name it was a series of letters, started with an M and had a K like 2nd or 3rd letter

I went to the LPGA Championship when it was held in Maryland. On a practice round it was late in the day maybe 5:00 amd it had rained for about an hour so most everyone left. I was about to when a caddy came out with a bag on the first tee.

He he had it positioned so I couldn't read the name. But decided to wait. Good decision. About 10 minutes later Natalie Gulbis came out. There's were three of us at the tee. After she hit a couple drives we asked if we could walk with her for a few holes. She said, "Absolutley, that will be great to have some company." Are you kidding me.

She walked along the rope and talked to us. At the green she chipped several balls from where we were standing. Then stopped and talked for a few minutes. About Michelle Wie (this was the year she tried the US Open qualifying) We walked one more hole with her.

Before we left. She took pictures with each of us and her caddie handed us a couple passes to the tournament.

Fan For Life!!

Thats Amazing!

Back