FootJoy StaSof Winter Golf Gloves

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Couldn't find a thread so hope it's not out there, but bought a pair of these 3 weeks ago for the winter and have now worn them a couple of times. These are by far the best winter gloves I have ever used and I play a lot of winter golf. Little pricey but they are leather, fleece lined on the inside, and have very good grip. They also keep your hands plenty warm.

1702901440297.jpeg

Interesting and good to know! I've been using these for as long as I can remember and wear them, even away from the course. So comfy! I'll have to look into the StaSoft.

Always wondered how those work in these and other brands. Wouldn’t the fleece just make your hands sweat and wear them out faster? Does the fleece take some of the feel out of your hands?

This may come as a surprise, they don’t sell them very much down here for me to kinda answer my own questions.

Always wondered how those work in these and other brands. Wouldn’t the fleece just make your hands sweat and wear them out faster? Does the fleece take some of the feel out of your hands?

This may come as a surprise, they don’t sell them very much down here for me to kinda answer my own questions.

I can tell when you’re worried about sweat ruining these, you’re not the target audience 😂

These are for cold cloudy 40*ish type days we have to suffer through December - March north of the Mason Dixon line.

I can tell when you’re worried about sweat ruining these, you’re not the target audience 😂

These are for cold cloudy 40*ish type days we have to suffer through December - March north of the Mason Dixon line.
That’s fair. I’m not saying I haven’t played in that even down here just the same, but it’s rare.

I have an innate talent to find a way to sweat even bundled up in the 30’s.

I actually switched out of these for the Mizuno ThermaGrip gloves which I like even more.

I actually switched out of these for the Mizuno ThermaGrip gloves which I like even more.
Same.

I got some of these FootJoy's for secret Santa here on THP and put them up head to head vs the ThermaGrips and for me the ThermaGrips didn't kill feel as much as the Footjoy's and let me grip the club better as well. I couldn't tell a difference between the two with warmth.

Winter gloves never kept my hands warm. Now, I just use a regular glove and have a hand warmer in each pocket.

No joking @DataDude ......these are the BEST winter golf gloves by a billion miles. Cabretta leather on the palms and fingers. Fleece / wool on top. Nothing weirdly thick or uncomfortable. Nothing bullky. Just really well made COLD weather golf gloves.

Same.

I got some of these FootJoy's for secret Santa here on THP and put them up head to head vs the ThermaGrips and for me the ThermaGrips didn't kill feel as much as the Footjoy's and let me grip the club better as well. I couldn't tell a difference between the two with warmth.
No kidding, right? To me literally every single aspect is better and they cost less haha.

No kidding, right? To me literally every single aspect is better and they cost less haha.

I’ll have to try them. I can’t find Mizuno gloves at all around here to try on so I kind of have to fly blind. I’ll definitely do a comparison.

Couldn't find a thread so hope it's not out there, but bought a pair of these 3 weeks ago for the winter and have now worn them a couple of times. These are by far the best winter gloves I have ever used and I play a lot of winter golf. Little pricey but they are leather, fleece lined on the inside, and have very good grip. They also keep your hands plenty warm.

View attachment 9230967

I've wondered if these keep your hands warm... I've used these in the past and I know they DON'T

I have the WinterSoft. They're warm enough but I don't trust my grip on the club with them. Maybe I'll try the other FJs and the Mizuno.

I have the WinterSoft. They're warm enough but I don't trust my grip on the club with them. Maybe I'll try the other FJs and the Mizuno.
Yeah I think that's the ones I have but I'm not a fan of them. I really need to find something better.

I've wondered if these keep your hands warm... I've used these in the past and I know they DON'T

Yeah I think that's the ones I have but I'm not a fan of them. I really need to find something better.
I have used WinterSoft before. These are just as warm but are leather where you grip the club and fit like a normal golf glove. Little bit thicker than a non-fleece-lined and you have 2 of them on instead of 1 but this is as good as I have felt. Still need to test the Mizuno's but winter is at least 3 more months and I live on my (deserted during the winter) home course so plenty of chances to try them too.

Back