Fort Myers area courses

It's not just Florida, either. We love to complain about out of staters here too.
I should be safe if I ever make it to Montana, as I presume the rental cars come with local plates

It's not just Florida, either. We love to complain about out of staters here too.
It is their driving skills, or something else?

It is their driving skills, or something else?
Wanting to turn Montana into whatever state they came from is generally the complaint I hear, and over crowding nature areas and such.

Wanting to turn Montana into whatever state they came from is generally the complaint I hear, and over crowding nature areas and such.
They always say beauty is a curse

Reactions: Bus
Like others Old Corkscrew was awesome. Used to play when a friend still lived down there. Great prices after Easter but I know its pricy like all other down there in season.
It’s one of the better public courses near Fort Myers. I just played it on Super Bowl Sunday and it was $250. Stoneybrook is another option but IMO it’s overpriced(like so many others during peak season) at $205.

I’m so glad Minnesota normally has brutal winters, the exception being this year. If winters were shorter in MN the state would have 15 million residents and it would be ruined. :) I know what high population density feels like after living in CA for 20 years.

Last edited:
I’m so glad Minnesota normally has brutal winters, the exception being this year. If winters were shorter in MN the state would have 15 million residents and it would be ruined. :) I know after living in CA for 20 years.
Yeah, unfortunately the cold here isn't keeping away the reverse snowbirds and we're heading in that direction.

Yeah, unfortunately the cold here isn't keeping away the reverse snowbirds and we're heading in that direction.
I’d love to join you for a round of golf during your FL stay but we head to Charlotte to visit our daughter in two days and then will be in Minneapolis/Brainerd until we return to FL on 2/22.

I’d love to join you for a round of golf during your FL stay but we head to Charlotte to visit our daughter in two days and then will be in Minneapolis/Brainerd until we return to FL on 2/22.
No me, you got the Touring Purple guys mixed up. Gets confusing with a bunch of us running around here with the same member pics.

It’s one of the better public courses near Fort Myers. I just played it on Super Bowl Sunday and it was $250. Stoneybrook is another option but IMO it’s overpriced(like so many others during peak season) at $205.

lol I won’t say then that we paid $75 after Easter weekend.

lol I won’t say then that we paid $75 after Easter weekend.
Yep. I’ll be down here until mid-May and look forward to all the courses dropping their prices 60% in early April. I played TPC Treviso Bay last May after they opened to the public for the summer and it was under $100.

Grew up there, lived there for a bit as an adult. Play the two Fort Myers public courses, Fort Myers Country Club and Eastwood. Both great tracks, totally opposite styles. Verandah is really nice, so is The Club at Pelican Preserve. Can't really recommend anything nice in the Cape unless they fixed some up.
Palmetto Pine back nine was totally redone last summer, the front nine will be done this summer It is in great shape especially now as they are getting ready for the Men's Invitational in Early March. It is Semi-Private at this time. the members mostly play between 8:30 to 10 AM Great track

I come down quite often to the Bonita springs area. Fortunately I get to play on my dad's golf course whenever I want. It seems that golf green fees have gone through the roof around here. One course you should look into is eagle ridge. That seem to be about the best bang for the buck that I have found.

Stoneybrook is how much???

Stoneybrook is how much???
$205 each for our round on Monday. We are in peak season. It will be about $50 in May and still overpriced. :ROFLMAO:

$205 each for our round on Monday. We are in peak season. It will be about $50 in May and still overpriced. :ROFLMAO:
I can remember complaining about paying $70 to play Stony Brook!

Prices are all over the place down here. 60 some bucks to 200 some bucks.
This time of year is the worst for trying to find decent rates, however, in 2 months, they all drop prices which is nice.

My parents lived in Verandah down there. The two courses were always in good condition. I don't know if they still allow public play via GolfNow, but based on what my dad has said membership costs now, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep us riff raff out.

This time of year is the worst for trying to find decent rates, however, in 2 months, they all drop prices which is nice.
I’m always comparing the value and conditions here in FL to the courses I play in Minnesota for less money. Even the higher end courses down here such as Old Corkscrew don’t have greens or fairways in nearly as good of condition as what I play during the summers in MN. Twice the price for less interesting courses with worse turf conditions, slower greens, and slower play makes it harder for me to want to play much golf from November through mid AprI.

Last edited:
Old Corkscrew is fantastic... those greens are unbelievable!

I'm also a big fan of the Tiburon courses, and the $99 summer rate is a steal.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I mean, it's been close to ten years since I've played it but still....

My parents lived in Verandah down there. The two courses were always in good condition. I don't know if they still allow public play via GolfNow, but based on what my dad has said membership costs now, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep us riff raff out.
Verandah can be had via the SWFL PGA pass, although there are date restrictions

Back