Free NFL Sunday Ticket Package from DirecTV ?

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.1
I got an email from DirecTV this morning and here is what it said....

“You’re getting 2020 NFL Sunday Ticket Max On Us. Thanks for being a DIRECTV customer! We don’t want you to miss a single play this season. With 2020 NFL Sunday Ticket Max, you can catch every minute of every out-of-market game every Sunday — on us.”

Woo hoo !!! Anyone else?

It might be because there is a high probability there won’t be a season.

I think this is a direct reflection to keep current customers when they lost nearly a million subs in the 1st quarter.

I think this is a direct reflection to keep current customers when they lost nearly a million subs in the 1st quarter.

I think you are right JB. I have been considering dropping them for awhile now and just go the streaming route, but now....hmmmmm

Maybe my wife got it... the account's in her name. Regardless, I don't want it. Just something else I'll forget to cancel... besides my team hasn't has a blackout yet... except when I had the NFL package years ago... and DirecTV didn't show the game on their channel because... it was being broadcast locally...

I was nonplussed.:(:D:):rolleyes::oops:(n)

That’s a nice bonus! And I think JB is right - sounds like a way to keep current customers. I know a lot of people who’ve ditched cable since lockdown.

My brother did not get it for some reason. Not sure why. He has been a DTV customer for 3 years.

I've had the NFL package for several years, I'll gladly take it for free for a year!

I will be calling customer service to inquire..... been on DTV for at least 13-14 years

Perhaps correct. When you poop on your customers they tend to leave. I left Direct 7 years ago and have not missed em a bit, but I have saved a ton of money. ;)

AT&T is pretty much giving up on Directv and planning on making it rural only option from what I have been reading.

I hate DirecTV. I have it now. Their pricing structure makes no sense and their constant price increases are a nice annual FU, causing me to waste my time to negotiate them down. It was fine when they had their own CS, but now that I have to talk to AT&T people it’s not worth it. I foresee a different path being taken this year, probably to internet and streaming only.

I hate DirecTV. I have it now. Their pricing structure makes no sense and their constant price increases are a nice annual FU, causing me to waste my time to negotiate them down. It was fine when they had their own CS, but now that I have to talk to AT&T people it’s not worth it. I foresee a different path being taken this year, probably to internet and streaming only.
I'd love to see a la carte programming offered via streaming/internet. As long as I had football and golf, I could probably dump having a regular TV plan. I watch very little TV other than sports, but as it is now I'd miss having Sunday Ticket so I can watch 6-8 games at once and flip between them.

DirectTV's not too pricey when it's just the basic package... I get free HBO when they give it away on the free trial... and it goes away when it's over. It's not like I haven't seen their movies 15 years ago... and Netflix, Hulu, Roku, Slingo, and whomever else has them too.

Directv is trying anything. They are losing sooooo many customers. I just cut the cord with them after being with them since 1996.

My brother did not get it for some reason. Not sure why. He has been a DTV customer for 3 years.

I’ve been one for 17 years and didn’t get one.....maybe that’s why. Ha-Ha

As long as Directv has the Sunday Ticket I am stuck with them. But it does stink that you have to play the "I am canceling card" each year.

Back