Frogger Golf Review

I think you will find every single review out there followed up by the same sentiments that we had here.

Did you remove the review? I've read this thread and really wanted to read the review but when I clicked on the link it said it was gone. :sad:

Quick question. Is this the towel that you wet on one end and it's supposed to stay wet they whole round and the other 3/4's of the towl stays dry? If so I seen one of these towels at Golfsmith and thought about picking one up.

The review was removed because of the hassle. The towel works great. It was not worth dealing with them anymore so we removed it based on the hassle. Most companies we deal with love our feedback good or bad. This company has emailed us 29 times since the review has come out. I hope most people got to read it and understand the difficulty with dealing with a company that "just doesnt get it".

The review was removed because of the hassle. The towel works great. It was not worth dealing with them anymore so we removed it based on the hassle. Most companies we deal with love our feedback good or bad. This company has emailed us 29 times since the review has come out. I hope most people got to read it and understand the difficulty with dealing with a company that "just doesnt get it".

I found their website and that's not the towel I thought it was. I like the design of the other one better but I'm sure they work just the same.

So they essentially forced you to take down, what was, basically a good review? Any company that doesn't use the negative aspects of a review as an opportunity for improvement is no company I want to spend money with.

So they essentially forced you to take down, what was, basically a good review? Any company that doesn't use the negative aspects of a review as an opportunity for improvement is no company I want to spend money with.

couldn't agree with you anymore...

No,
they did not force us to take it down. In fact they didnt even ask. But dealing with them was so painful I said "I am taking your review down. If you cannot see the positive in all of this and work on the negative I dont know how you will succeed long term. We will not be reviewing any more products from your company. Thank you".

He can continue to sponsor sites instead.

It's too bad that the company responded in this way, it should have been an easy resolution. They are obviously using bait and switch tactics, I will not spend money with a company that is dishonest.

Thanks to THP for bringing this to my attention.

MO_Hacker,
You are absolutely right. Their reasoning behind being so angry is that they say they "NEVER PROMISE ANY FREE SHIPPING". Yet the promise free priority which in this country is very clearly used as a term for shipping priority mail. What the heck is priority handling? Getting it out the door in 2 days is their response. So how slow are they without the free priority handling.

Little bit of a different product. But I love Ballzee products. THey do a great job.

Fascinating turn of events. The towel in particular looks like a great product, I can do without another brush, but it is hard to understand the company's reaction to fairly reasonable criticism. Even if they disagree with your position on shipping and handling charges, wouldn't the obvious response from them be to say "thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our products for their utility and elegant design. We respectfully disagree that our shipping and handling charges for mail orders are excessive given the economic realities we face. We certainly are not attempting to deceive anyone by providing our customers an opportunity to request expedited handling for no charge should they require the product more quickly. Indeed, we strive to bring our excellent product to market with the most efficient and least costly methods at our disposal, and for that reason we appreciate your observations and will continue to work very hard to make our customers happy." Blah blah blah, Marketing 101.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is that it is extremely hard to make inroads in the saturated golfing-gizmos marketplace, and it is a shame and a bit surprising to see an apparently good product suffer from non-savvy marketing. Usually it is the other way around in the golf gear world: fabulous marketing skills promoting worthless products.

From what I have seen, the towel works very well and is quite functional... but personally I find the towel to fail in the aesthetics department (at least for me). I'm not a fan of a giant amphibian on my towel...

Fascinating turn of events. The towel in particular looks like a great product, I can do without another brush, but it is hard to understand the company's reaction to fairly reasonable criticism. Even if they disagree with your position on shipping and handling charges, wouldn't the obvious response from them be to say "thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our products for their utility and elegant design. We respectfully disagree that our shipping and handling charges for mail orders are excessive given the economic realities we face. We certainly are not attempting to deceive anyone by providing our customers an opportunity to request expedited handling for no charge should they require the product more quickly. Indeed, we strive to bring our excellent product to market with the most efficient and least costly methods at our disposal, and for that reason we appreciate your observations and will continue to work very hard to make our customers happy." Blah blah blah, Marketing 101.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is that it is extremely hard to make inroads in the saturated golfing-gizmos marketplace, and it is a shame and a bit surprising to see an apparently good product suffer from non-savvy marketing. Usually it is the other way around in the golf gear world: fabulous marketing skills promoting worthless products.

One would think wouldnt they? They did the exact opposite in every way on this. When we have given a negative review in the past the companies have always thanked us and asked for help in what we thought was missing. This one was just bad.

Back