Front door to first tee, how long does it take?

I have two courses less than 10 minutes away from me so in a world of perfect timing I could be on the first tee box in 10-20 minutes from leaving my house.

Many of you are making me jealous. It's a long 15 minutes for me on average. It is not a rushed 15 though.

It is a 16-minute drive to the course. I typically leave at 6:10, so I arrive just before 6:30. We have the 1st tee time, which is 7:00 AM, and the superintendent is strict about anyone teeing off any earlier than 7:00 so that his people can get their maintenance work done. We play pretty fast, so we usually run into a maintenance worker somewhere despite waiting until 7:00 exactly. The only warm-up is a few chips and putts, no range time.

To answer the specific question, 50 minutes from the time I leave to first ball in the air.

Since I don't have a home course the time really depends on where I am heading. I would say in general most courses I play are 20 to 30 mins away and like to warm up around 30 mins so going to say around an hour.

3-4 minutes in the car.
2 minutes out of the car, shoes on, and walking.
10 seconds to 10 minutes in the pro shop checking in.
1 minute to 30 minutes on the range.
1 minute to 15 minutes on the putting green.

So, 7 minutes to one hour haha
Same except my drive is 8 minutes...

Leave at 6:30am
Course at ~6:55am
Fill out scorecards, hit a handful of golf balls, chip and putt a few, BS with the group
First ball at 7:40am

15-20 minutes, typically.

I'm only 6 miles from the course, never hit the range, will roll a few putts maybe half the time.

20 to 30 minutes.

Once a week 20 minutes. Once a week an hour and once every other week about 2 hours. Not much near by.

35 minutes because it will involve a mandatory stop for morning coffee.

30-70 minutes depending on how early I get there

Usually about 20- 25 minutes

Nearest course I play often is at least 20-25 minutes drive, plus check in and warm up after that. So bare min probably 30 minutes with zero warm up.

25 minute drive, 30 minutes to warm up. Give or take a few minutes, an hour.

10 Minutes to get there, 5 to get the cart and a drink. So 15 minutes to step on the tee cold and pull/duck hook my first shot into the left hand rough/trees.

Lets see. I woll give this a guess.

It's a 3 minute drive to the course.

8 minutes to walk in and pay.

5 minutes to get a cart and drive to my car.

8 minutes to load up my clubs, and drive to the first tee.

1 minute walk up, and hit the ball.

So, 25+/- minutes if no one is in my way.

If I shut down my work laptop at 4.30, I can be on the first tee by 5pm, which includes getting from home to the course, checking in with our pro shop and retrieving my clubs etc from my locker

Probably 45 minutes in total...30-35 minute drive, then 10-15 minutes to unload, put on shoes, hit the pro shop, and walk to the tee.

20/25 minutes.

I generally play hole 15 on my home course first. The tee box is circled in this picture from my living room. The green is way off in the distance. I can get my shoes on and push my push cart out there in about 2 minutes. IMG_1510.jpeg

15 minutes. 10 to drive to course and 5 to unload, put clubs on trolley, check in at pro shop and walk to 1st tee.

Can easily go from garage to 1st tee in sub 5 minutes via golf cart. Never timed it. I’ll put a stop watch on it Sunday

If I don't warm up, about 10 minutes if I can load my cart at the car and head straight to the first tee. The first tee is a little ways from the clubhouse.

I was told by a pro that if you don't have time to warm up, putt. Just take a couple extra practice swings for the first couple holes, but putting takes priority. I always leave myself about 20 mins. worth of putting time. My worst rounds have been when I don't putt. This means I have to arrive 30 mins before tee time. So 45 mins altogether.

Back