Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Yesterday I setup a new Ventus Red 6X in my TSi2. I tipped it 1" and from a very brief range sesh this AM......it seeeeems to be exactly what I was hoping. A bit easier launch than my Blue 6X and the butt being a smidge more firm than the blue, just feel a bit more comfortable for me to swing. See how she goes!

Yesterday I setup a new Ventus Red 6X in my TSi2. I tipped it 1" and from a very brief range sesh this AM......it seeeeems to be exactly what I was hoping. A bit easier launch than my Blue 6X and the butt being a smidge more firm than the blue, just feel a bit more comfortable for me to swing. See how she goes!

Update: The Red 6X (even with the one inch tip) def is a bit more lively than the Blue 6X. The launch and peak height is a bit higher, but nothing CRASEE. Still testing at the range, but I'm still thinking the Blue will be very tough to bump out now.

The blue is an interesting shaft. Its only a mid 60g shaft but it seems to play heavier. The strike through the ball is like a heavy, powerful strike compared to other non Ventus shafts. Its a bit hard to describe.

Have had the Ventus black in for close to 10 rounds now and am blown away by the performance. It produces a flattish penetrating ball flight that is very stable in the wind. Cross winds shots do not seem to be blown off line and into the winds shots still maintain good distance. The overall accuracy of the shaft is the thing that stands out to me the most. This past weekend at the Bourbon Bash in my last 27 holes I missed 3 fairways. As someone who has always considered driving to be the weakness of their game. Being able to step on the tee and not worry about spraying the tee ball is extremely freeing.

Update: The Red 6X (even with the one inch tip) def is a bit more lively than the Blue 6X. The launch and peak height is a bit higher, but nothing CRASEE. Still testing at the range, but I'm still thinking the Blue will be very tough to bump out now.

The blue is an interesting shaft. Its only a mid 60g shaft but it seems to play heavier. The strike through the ball is like a heavy, powerful strike compared to other non Ventus shafts. Its a bit hard to describe.

I have Ventus Red 6S in my Epic Max LS and I turned it down -1 with the weight towards the toe and I'm hitting nice high penetrating shots now. It is lively like you said but in a controlled way. Now that it is warming up finally I'll try putting the Ventus Blue back in the club and see if I can get the same or better results.
In the cold weather I was struggling somewhat with the Blue leaving shots out to the right. Which is odd for me as I tend to over-draw the driver.

The Ventus Blue 6S is so smooth in my Ping 425 Max that I just put one in my Ping 425 Max 3 wood and turned it up 1 degree.
Long, down the middle with a nice rollout..Par 5s are back in play again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

by chance did you try teeing it up lower with the red versus normal height with the blue?

by chance did you try teeing it up lower with the red versus normal height with the blue?

Full disclosure:

I have yet to get the Red 6X on a golf course. My current feedback here is based on range sessions only. I'm considering taking it out in my first round this coming Saturday, but I need it to "show me the money" at the range over my blue and I'm not there yet. I intend to run to my home course range, where there is a fence at the 270 range. It is a great barometer for me to judge how far and well I'm hitting my driver. Hope to get there and do a head to head soon. That will tell me which one comes out with my on Saturday.

My last round with the TSi2/Blue combo- I hit some really healthy bombs, so the Red has an uphill battle at this point.

I will also add that I snuck to a range this afternoon that had a launch monitor and the ball speeds across the blue and the red appear to be nearly identical, so not much difference there it seems. I think it will come down to my comfort level with how the shafts load and unload while on course.

Also, I will note that I setup my Red to be 1/4" longer than my blue setup. I'm tempted to trim the red down to have it apples to apples.

I will also add that I snuck to a range this afternoon that had a launch monitor and the ball speeds across the blue and the red appear to be nearly identical, so not much difference there it seems. I think it will come down to my comfort level with how the shafts load and unload while on course.

Also, I will note that I setup my Red to be 1/4" longer than my blue setup. I'm tempted to trim the red down to have it apples to apples.
I'll take your Red off you when you don't like it ;)

i had to put a mav 4w back in the bag as my stz 5w has a crack and i'm waiting on the replacement. the mav has a ventus red 7s in it. i hit a couple decent shots with it, but something about it just doesn't feel right to me. i don't know if it's the balance point, but i never feel like i quite know where the club is. i want to be one of the cool kids with the ventus in the bag, but i'm not sure it's for me.

I tend to horde shafts.....so it may be a while. :p
I do too ... up for a trade, let me know. I've got a number of them sitting in the corner of the Nut Cave :D

i had to put a mav 4w back in the bag as my stz 5w has a crack and i'm waiting on the replacement. the mav has a ventus red 7s in it. i hit a couple decent shots with it, but something about it just doesn't feel right to me. i don't know if it's the balance point, but i never feel like i quite know where the club is. i want to be one of the cool kids with the ventus in the bag, but i'm not sure it's for me.
Agree , l experimented with couple of those .. had a 3 sum , a red 5 stiff and blue 6 reg. Tried them both and no improvement of performance or height etc compared to existing driver shaft. l had a word to those two shafts ,,,’ it’s not us it’s you ‘ was never meant to last ..... hahaha 🤣🤣

I have similar thoughts. I have the 6R which is 65g and I have a Rogue Gen 2 Regular at 60g. The lab based research I've found suggests the Rogue optimal for a 97mph swing and the Ventus Blue at 88 to 89mph. Still, when I hit them side by side I feel like the Rogue is working more for me then the Ventus.

so during my fitting, i spoke with the fitter about this and part of the comfort level seems to be flight and what we perceive to be ideal for us. I would venture to say on course will play better than on the range if given a non bias chance. Obviously you know your swing better than anyone here so that's just my $.02 from my fitting with ventus shafts. Also for me, the move from 45.5' playing length to 45' was perfect for me with red.

Curious what the swing weight is. Possible that your STZ is a higher swing weight? I'm playing my driver at D5 right now and I love it. Pretty sure my 4W is already playing at D4 as well. Easy to keep track of the head at that swing weight.

Don't tell me you don't. I'm sure it's worse than mine ;)
I'm sure he was reacting to the "Nut cave". :rofl:

I do really want to try one of these out. These will be high on the list at my fitting in a couple of weeks.

Curious what the swing weight is. Possible that your STZ is a higher swing weight? I'm playing my driver at D5 right now and I love it. Pretty sure my 4W is already playing at D4 as well. Easy to keep track of the head at that swing weight.

good question, i really don't know. i do think i prefer a slightly heavier swingweight than standard. i don't like a lightweight feel, even though i don't swing it very fast.

so during my fitting, i spoke with the fitter about this and part of the comfort level seems to be flight and what we perceive to be ideal for us. I would venture to say on course will play better than on the range if given a non bias chance. Obviously you know your swing better than anyone here so that's just my $.02 from my fitting with ventus shafts. Also for me, the move from 45.5' playing length to 45' was perfect for me with red.

I couldn't agree MORE with you!!!! I know for a fact that my on course swing is def not nearly as aggressive as my range swing, so the Red may just give me that bit of easier on course launch whereby I keep my posture and swing tempo a touch more in order. If I start to perceive a shaft to be too stout, I can start jumping around and it gets ugly.
I do have the on course experience with the Blue now, so that is HUGE.

Maybe I will take your advise and trim the red back a touch. I typically like the 45" playing length and I've been a bit of a wise guy here lately trying 45.5ish lengths. My blue should be playing to 45.25" I believe. The red should be 45.5".....until I trim it! No thanks to you! lol.... I keed.

i've apparently got a man crush on this shaft even thought it did not win in my driver. instead of selling the shaft i ordered a 3w head for it:unsure:

I see Adam Scott has the Red in play at the Memorial, so clearly its a sign......

Post note:
Ohhhh......and the TSi2! Def a sign... Ahahahah

I see Adam Scott has the Red in play at the Memorial, so clearly its a sign......

I'd say about 1/2 half the shafts I see in the tour drivers and fairways are the ventus of one form or another. the black is the one I see most but they focus more on the tee box then the fairway

1622670915547.png

I'd say about 1/2 half the shafts I see in the tour drivers and fairways are the ventus of one form or another. the black is the one I see most but they focus more on the tee box then the fairway

I have a black 7S that I mess with. Compared to the Blue and Red it is pretty lifeless. Its one of the more blah shafts I've tried. Would love to try a 6X against my blue and red, but I really see ZERO advantage to my game.

Back