Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Went up to check out the Charlotte PGA superstore the other day and finally tried on some G/FORE shoes. Didn't think I'd like them as much as I did!

Anyway, tried on the MG4+ and I want to get some.
G4MF20EF26_NIMBS_1_650x519.jpg

Then, I was perusing the website and saw the G/Drive
G4MS22EF32_SNO_650x519.jpg

Anyone have experience with both? Is the G/Drive worth the extra cash in your opinion?

I have the top pair. They were great out of the box. I’ve struggled a bit after just a couple of rounds with durability. The area around the tongue has worn out really quickly.

I have the top pair. They were great out of the box. I’ve struggled a bit after just a couple of rounds with durability. The area around the tongue has worn out really quickly.
Damn. That's an expensive shoe to be wearing out like that. Caused by the laces, or just rubbing?

How was the traction? I put a lot of force into the ground and can slip sometimes

I have tried either of those but have three pairs of the GFore Gallivanter’s and love them.

Damn. That's an expensive shoe to be wearing out like that. Caused by the laces, or just rubbing?

How was the traction? I put a lot of force into the ground and can slip sometimes
I think friction but honestly don’t know. Traction is okay, more sneaker than golf shoe,.

Not feeling them for some reason.

I have a buddy that loves his GFore shoes. I'm not sure which model he has but he recommends them to people all the time.

Love that raspberry color. We got some shorts in that color at the Morgan Cup and I have added a couple tees and some sneakers with the color in it. It's a lot of fun and a color most others won't have on.

I really like those white/camo/pink ones! But I just prefer spikes to soft spikes.

How about G-Fore polos?

I was on a business trip to Philly, the Country Club gave me a free round since my client had rented the course for a tournament in the afternoon the next day.

So I thought it proper to buy something.

I looked around and saw something in the wild - a G-Fore Shirt. Guy says they are great. Figured it would be $95, didn't look, flipped the CC on the counter and he says $125. I gulp at $95 so being the courteous guy that I am, I signed.

Okay, comfy shirt, attractive, they stiffen the collar somehow but not very stiff, enough so it keeps its shape. I think it was the skull and cross-tees that got me.
IMG_1359.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

Went up to check out the Charlotte PGA superstore the other day and finally tried on some G/FORE shoes. Didn't think I'd like them as much as I did!

Anyway, tried on the MG4+ and I want to get some.
View attachment 9082858

Then, I was perusing the website and saw the G/Drive
View attachment 9082859

Anyone have experience with both? Is the G/Drive worth the extra cash in your opinion?
They’re comfortable but not more than and other shoe. Right now I’m liking True and Puma better

How about G-Fore polos?

I was on a business trip to Philly, the Country Club gave me a free round since my client had rented the course for a tournament in the afternoon the next day.

So I thought it proper to buy something.

I looked around and saw something in the wild - a G-Fore Shirt. Guy says they are great. Figured it would be $95, didn't look, flipped the CC on the counter and he says $125. I gulp at $95 so being the courteous guy that I am, I signed.

Okay, comfy shirt, attractive, they stiffen the collar somehow but not very stiff, enough so it keeps its shape. I think it was the skull and cross-tees that got me.
View attachment 9095213

View attachment 9095215
I do love their polos

Love their shoes and love the insoles. My MG4+ have held up well. That said I have a ton of shoes.

The traction doesn’t look like it would be that great but I find they have very good traction.

Love their shoes and love the insoles. My MG4+ have held up well. That said I have a ton of shoes.

The traction doesn’t look like it would be that great but I find they have very good traction.
I’m in the same camp with the traction. I have no slipping issues on dry or wet grass. The insoles are absolutely the best.

not digging these options @mmaynard had some classics that looked unique

TWO Boa laces....? anyone remember the Kaepa shoes with an upper and lower lace?

not digging these options @mmaynard had some classics that looked unique
Yeah I definitely don’t care much for the MG4 designs outside of a few. I’m a Gallivanter style.

I have tried them on multiple times and haven’t found a pair that fit me right. I have talked to people that have them and told me how comfortable they are but I haven’t been able to find a pair that fit me right.

Yeah I definitely don’t care much for the MG4 designs outside of a few. I’m a Gallivanter style.

I prefer the Gallivanters style to MG4+. Bought Gallivanters but the toe box wasn’t good for me. Got credit and went with white/camo blue MG4+.

I have almost every style that Gfore makes. The G Drive is a great comfortable shoe, it feels a little bit loose no matter how hard I crank it down. I wear it mostly for hitting off mats and putting . For actual playing, I prefer my gallivanters, my favorite is the Ribbon Gallivanter and that is followed by the cap toes. You can always find these shoes and polos for half off at least once a year from Gfore but be quick because popular sizes sell out quick

IMG_7529.jpeg

Got a pair of MG4+ for the season. Hoping these don’t wear out in the heel like my last pair of Adidas.

Big time ponder on these:
G4MA23EF33_CIELO_1.jpg

I think friction but honestly don’t know. Traction is okay, more sneaker than golf shoe,.
I just bought a pair because they feel super comfy. I can wear them to the office and then over at the indoor practice facility where I work on my swing, so the “more sneaker than golf shoe” makes them a great fit for my purpose.

Back