Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Golf is mental. Sometimes we can accept things sometimes our brains just won’t let us.

I am curious, what kind of gap can you accept? Could you accept a 6 degree gap between clubs? What if the next gap was only 3 degrees? Could you still do it?

I would actually have to know I'm order for it to bother me. Could not possibly care any less as long as they hit yardages I need them to.

I have a 2 degree gap between two of my irons and 5 between two others. To me, I don’t care about that, because it’s what got me ideal DISTANCE gapping. Too many get too hung up on ensuring they have even loft gapping, far too many.

I have a 2 degree gap between two of my irons and 5 between two others. To me, I don’t care about that, because it’s what got me ideal DISTANCE gapping. Too many get too hung up on ensuring they have even loft gapping, far too many.
It’s funny. I have been playing with bag make up and clubs and gaps. I don’t care either. As I was going through it I was thinking about clubs in my bag that I almost never hit except on the range. They never come in to play.

I focus on the distance gap and not loft gap personally, and what gets me the desired distance gaps.

I focus on the distance gap and not loft gap personally, and what gets me the desired distance gaps.
Same here. I select clubs/shafts I get minimal roll out with. Gap by carry.

if they are different clubs then I don't care. My 4i and my hybrid are not very far off loft wise, but produce MUCH different distances and ball flights.

But I am with Jman, it's all about how they gap. the degree is just a starting point for me.

I couldn't care less about loft gapping per se, distance gapping is what matters to me. If a set works for me with 6 or 7 degree gaps, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

5 is the sweet spot for me.
But honestly I care more about the actual yardage gaps than I do the loft number. It just so happens that 5 is what works for my 243's.

Degrees doesn't really matter to me, it's the distance gap that does.

Within the same set of irons they will probably be evenly spaced somewhat. Going between types of irons the degree could be widely varied...or the same in places. Same with going from a set to wedges.

All about the tape for me regardless.

Not at all. Most of my irons are 3° difference then it moves to 5° for a couple then a 6° jump from my gap to my sw and one final 4° move to the lw.

I've never really spent that much time thinking about gapping, so I guess the loft itself doesn't bother me much. As long as I know my distances and the distance gaps are manageable, I'm good. I have 3* gaps in some of my mid irons and 5* between a few as it transitions to wedges.

I have a 1 degree gap between my 3h and 4 iron. Use them in different situations and they have about a 15-20yd difference from stats. Other than that, rest of my bag is std gapping.

I don’t care what the loft gaps are as long as the distance gaps are ok.

Golf is mental. Sometimes we can accept things sometimes our brains just won’t let us.

I am curious, what kind of gap can you accept? Could you accept a 6 degree gap between clubs? What if the next gap was only 3 degrees? Could you still do it?
Yes. I currently play a 6 degree gap at the end of my bag. 55* and 61*. Have for a couple years and no plans to change it. Works great for me.

Funnily enough l have 3 deg nominally across my clubs …

More importantly what distance coverage do you get ? Is there overlaps etc that could be rectified .. and is the set complimentary to your game ..

The numbers engraved wouldn’t worry me , if the results were complimentary to the clubs either side of it in the bag , and more broadly to my game

Lots of factors determine the end result , you probably already know.

Loft doesn't interest me over result. I once played my set's PW at 45° and a "gap" wedge at 46°. Effective because the yardage gap was about 10 yards.

Now, I have only a 2° difference between wedges, 48° to 50°. The gapping works where it matters. I view them as tools, I don't care about the markings on the tool. Only whether it serves my desired purpose.

I don't mind larger gaps (in distance and/or degrees of loft) at both ends, but prefer a somewhat tighter gapping in the irons. So quite often I'll only play with 11 clubs, which I find plenty for my needs and the courses that I play (rarely much longer than 7000 yds) . In this case, I go:

Driver, Hybrid (20°), 4-PW, SW, Putter.

I hit my 4 iron about 200 yards (could probably push it to 210-215). If I am farther away from the green I'll just hit the hybrid somewhere around the green. I don't think I am good enough to hit better shots consistently with a 3 wood for example. The same goes for the shots within 125 yards (reasonably full pw). Can cover anything inside that with a pw and the sw.

I don’t really care about that stuff as long as it goes a little farther consistently than the club in front of it. Honestly I don’t create enough clubhead speed to gap 14 clubs well so I have some pretty long loft gaps in my setup.

I do not have a preferred gap number. Like, at all.

Gap off of yardages, dynamic loft is more important to me than static loft.

I have no idea what the loft gaps are 😲🤯

I seem to remember having 2 @ 21* at some point but they went different shapes and distances and that was with an older set.

The only ones the bag now that I know are the wedges as it's printed on the bottom but even the 50* I had bent strong by 1* to get the right distance out of it.

A

Back