Garage Simulator Crew

The RTX4060 will upscale to 4K but may get a little laggy with ray tracing enabled. I think your laptop has 8G of ram so may show signs faster than a full desktop video card and make the laptop fans run continuously. Not the best to do that. Find a resolution where the fans don't kick constantly.

Your right though on the projector but some can also software manipulate to mimick a higher resolution.

Short version, don't stress out either continuously for longer term life.
I keep it on a dual-fan laptop tray while in use to help with cooling, haven’t noticed the actual laptop fans working hard yet. Not super worried, graphics are nice as it is. You helped pick a good one. 👍🏻

• On Fire
Reactions: J4U
Had an oops moment yesterday while swinging in the garage. I had the door open a tad bit more than I usually do and smack the top of the door with driver in my follow through. Thank goodness it was an older driver. Flipped my set up around but feel I’m altering my follow through and may need to just bite the bullet and go to a side mount garage door opener!

I keep it on a dual-fan laptop tray while in use to help with cooling, haven’t noticed the actual laptop fans working hard yet. Not super worried, graphics are nice as it is. You helped pick a good one. 👍🏻
Those cooling trays are great and help a bunch! Nice call on that!

Had an oops moment yesterday while swinging in the garage. I had the door open a tad bit more than I usually do and smack the top of the door with driver in my follow through. Thank goodness it was an older driver. Flipped my set up around but feel I’m altering my follow through and may need to just bite the bullet and go to a side mount garage door opener!
Game changer on the side opener. If I ever move that will be one of the first changes made. Even if I didn't have a sim. Glad it wasn't your gamer!

Finally after a year... Have my simulator setup and working. Life and work had gotten in the way but I got my inaugural round in this evening. So thankful for the space I have. It's 15 feet across with 5 foot side screens for the dreaded shanks.♥️😎1000006830.jpg

Last edited:
Got the electrical finished up last night, with a new outlet located for the side-mount garage door opener, and the existing ceiling outlet left for a future projector mount. After almost falling off a ladder, dropping 20+ cable clips, struggling to reinstall the drywall piece in the ceiling, and washing the dust out of my eyes, I realized it may have been easier to just pay a professional to do this.
I paid a professional to put in the side mount opener. But my father in law, Dad and I put in the retractable screen, projector and other things. My dad also did the electrical.

Last edited:
These are what I picked up as well. Great stuff!
How are yours holding up? Two of mine already broke and I basically gave up on them.

How are yours holding up? Two of mine already broke and I basically gave up on them.
Yesterday was my maiden voyage... So no long term thoughts yet. How long did yours last?

i like my OG skytrak works well. Redoing the garage over for a bit with new projector coming in, putting a sand tube in bottom of screen so it stays "flatter" and leveling the sloping garage floor better. Hope to be back in business this week
It really is. Club path info is nice, but I know I come over the top, and know when I'm able to get a little closer to the slot. Their package comes with a bunch sim courses as well, even if WGT is about worthless. E6 works really well for free.

okay, its what i have just starting....Haack Net and mat. I have taken full swings with up to 5 ironIMG_3946.jpegIMG_3945.jpeg

I’m thinking of a new set up for the garage SIM where I can leave it up permanently. Hmmm….

I’m thinking of a new set up for the garage SIM where I can leave it up permanently. Hmmm….
The retractable is the best I can do in mine. Cars can't stay out in the cold tundra unfortunately.

Finally after a year... Have my simulator setup and working. Life and work had gotten in the way but I got my inaugural round in this evening. So thankful for the space I have. It's 15 feet across with 5 foot side screens for the dreaded shanks.♥️😎View attachment 9251288
Thanks again for the lead on the retractable! Loving it! I ended up putting a different bar in the bottom of mine as that thin one it comes with bends and it bothered me :LOL:. Also helps with deadening the bounce back. Even though it's pretty good to begin with.

Thanks again for the lead on the retractable! Loving it! I ended up putting a different bar in the bottom of mine as that thin one it comes with bends and it bothered me :LOL:. Also helps with deadening the bounce back. Even though it's pretty good to begin with.
It's a great system isn't it?!

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
If you've checked out the Golf Simulator Forum (higher end) group on Facebook... This guy did something incredible for a garage setup that needs to move for cars. My father in law and I are planning how to build it. 😍 The floor folds up against the wall with a pulley system.

1000006861.jpg

Game changer on the side opener. If I ever move that will be one of the first changes made. Even if I didn't have a sim. Glad it wasn't your gamer!
I built barn doors for my garage. It was an old single stall garage so not too difficult.

now i need something to measure speed and ball speed/spin. Maybe a Garmin R10, Rapsodo or mevo?
OG skytrak for $800 on 2nd swing and other sites

I did not hit my opener, but my first swing was with the door rolled up and i smacked the insulation i put in the garage door with a 5 iron, thankfully the insulation kept me from tearing up my iron

New garage door is installed, and the side mount opener was money well spent. Going to do some shuffling around this week and hopefully get the space put back the way I want it, and have a little less hesitation with my swing.
The side mount opener is a garage changer, sim or not.

Back