Gas Prices: What are you paying?

The radio & news were running reports on how low gas was Monday so I knew the increase was coming. Up 30 cents or so to $2.90... I have more Kroger fuel points than I can use right right now. I think a total of $2.90 off? But max is $1 at a time. Filling up today, will pay $1.87 or so for about 23 gallons. Wife filled up last time so she won't need any.

Saw this in LA the other week…
View attachment 9235633
We paid over $6 in California when we were there Labor Day weekend. My buddy paid $9.70/gallon last September to fill up his boat(110 gallon tank) at a marina pump on Lake Tahoe which really hurts considering most boats get no more than 3 mpg and Lake Tahoe is over 20 miles long and 10 miles wide. You can easily go through 50 gallons in a day.

Last edited:
$2.48 for regular, $3.38 for premium!

I figured somewhere in California considering I paid $4.43 here in Sacramento this morning.
Do you know why gas prices in California are so much higher? First, they have about $1 a gallon in taxes on gas in California. Second, they mandated by law a special blend of fuel in California that isn't in use in any other state. This requires refineries dedicated to producing this special blend. This increases the price and leads to inevitable supply/demand issues that further drive up the price. Third, the mass regulations in California for everything mean it costs more to operate there. They tax everything and what they can't tax they simply call it a fee.

Was in Sioux Falls, SD yesterday and saw several places at $2.59 per gallon and on the way home there were a couple of places in Luverne, MN at $2.49 per gallon.

It’s $2.60ish around Louisville

Paid $2.47 yesterday

It's $3.33 here in central PA.

$2.49 for 87 octane and $3.19 for diesel.

Last edited:
Right around $3.30 here in Buffalo. Depending on the town that can be +/- $.30

I just paid $3.059 per gallon. That’s the least I’ve paid in Oregon in years. It was $44 to fill up my tank. #glorious.

$3.07 here right now at the cheapest station in town. If you're a Chevron fan, add $0.30/gallon.

$3.999 and on the rise yesterday

Costco Qu'est Que C’est 95123

$4.29 for diesel this morning. Sucks.

$2.76 at Costco

$4.05 this morning

40c hike was 3.09 and now 3.49 - things like that dont make sense.

Payed 305 2 days ago, prices have gone up daily.

$3.69 here in the glorious state of Michigan

Back