Gas Prices: What are you paying?

Gas prices dropped $0.40 only to go back up $0.40 over night back to $4.00 a gallon.

My brother payed $5.55 yesterday in Vegas 😑

$3.75 here at Costco 🤬

That was the expectation when reserves were released. The issue being, is that it was only going to last 5-10 days and then barrel costs are expected to rise again. We can hope the experts are wrong.
And just like that, prices begin to rise for everybody again.

$3.97 from a high of $4.39 two weeks ago. But a tank of propane for the grill was $14.99 last fall, jumped to $19.99 in January, and is back to $17.99. I’m missing something here. 🤔

Because it's always happened in the past. We've had periods of war, inflation and cyber attacks that have drastically affected prices. But once stability returned, the prices had always tumbled. Producing more nationally would go a long way toward providing stability as we wouldn't be as dependent upon global fluctuations. Increasing our reserves and net exportation would contribute towards realizing that goal.
True. However, with the oil/gas companies feeling the heat (so to speak) wouldn't it be more in their best interest to keep prices higher? I agree more domestic production would decrease the effects of global fluctuations.

$3.65, filled up yesterday. 3.79 2 weeks ago.

Those are unserious people living in a fantasyland. Our country's current power grid couldn't support even a small majority of vehicles being EVs, and far less so if they move to less efficient and reliable "renewable" power resources. Not to mention that EVs are too expensive for many people, unsuitable for some, and there are many regions of the country where charging stations are few and far between. The advocates who say it's an "easy" solution to fuel shortages and pricing are viewing it through their elitist lens from urban/metropolitan bubbles, which is a much different reality from a lot of the nation. The whole thing is a pipe dream.

When you look at cost of EV, hybrids are a better value over a 4-5yr period. There is work on grids for ev charging but it will take time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to san fran saturday night. Gas there was $6 when we got to sonora, $5.39. It is not cheap in cali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$3.79 yesterday here in central KS

I'm really looking at a hybrid, in couple of years with these gas prices.

Pretty much $5.259 or higher every where in the Vegas Valley. That is, unless tou want to wait an hour (+/-) in line at Costco. I think it's $4.949 there.

Higher gas prices have spawn a new gas thief in our area. Instead of siphoning the gas, the thief crawls under the car and punches a hole in the tank. Fills up their container(s), and leaves the scene. This while gas is still running out of the tank.

$4.07 at the cheapo discount place on Thursday - felt good (kinda sorta)

Gas started to go down a tiny bit, just below $4, but up to $4.19 again yesterday.

It's all over the place by us. Been around $4.349 at most places, but over the weekend I saw $4.419 and even $4.099 at a QuikTrip in Edwardsville IL (we stopped there Friday night).
$3.999 seems to be the fairly steady-ish price over in St. Louis.

$4.29 this morning in Eastern Washington. Thank you for that extra .49 state gas tax !! (n):mad:

True. However, with the oil/gas companies feeling the heat (so to speak) wouldn't it be more in their best interest to keep prices higher? I agree more domestic production would decrease the effects of global fluctuations.

If we were pumping to our capability, not only would we be able to secure our own needs but we’d be able to mitigate some of the damage felt by other countries who are more dependent upon Russian oil. None of this would make price hikes go away, but it sure would’ve eased the pain. A move in that direction now wouldn’t realize immediate relief but it would insulate us better against future global instability.

Still hovering at $3.99. Still paying less then most of you, but I do live near some major infrastructure which helps keep costs down.

If we were pumping to our capability, not only would we be able to secure our own needs but we’d be able to mitigate some of the damage felt by other countries who are more dependent upon Russian oil. None of this would make price hikes go away, but it sure would’ve eased the pain. A move in that direction now wouldn’t realize immediate relief but it would insulate us better against future global instability.
A valid viewpoint.

4.35 here in Tucson today. Costco

Pump price on diesel today 5.09

my local station this morning
5DBF1C8D-1B5F-4058-8A03-0932E4200B82.jpeg

5.69 in Santa Barbara, Ca Saturday At an independent station. Across the street at a Shell station it was 6.55. There was nobody buying gas at the shell station

$4.09 in Miami a small downward trend.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Back