Gear cleaning after a round

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife was giving me a hard time because every time I come home from a round I have to clean my all my gear. Soapy water and a stiff plastic bristle brush on the club heads, a damp rag on the shafts and grips. sames goes for my spikes. I cannot stand having grungy gear.

how about the rest of you? neat freaks or can't be bothered?

Not every round, but every 2-3 rounds I'll break out the soap and water and fire the air compressor. I keep em clean during the round.

I usually just do a wet towel / brush on the clubfaces immediately after a round.

They get the full 'luxe treatment (including grips) the evening (or morning) before a big round though.

I wipe off irons and wedges after every shot and will clean out the grooves with a tee while walking to my ball if I see a lot of dirt or sand in them. Do a thorough cleaning of everything once a month (8 - 10 rounds).

I cleaned my gear once.

About all I do is keep my grooves clean before hitting. Thats about the extent of my cleaning.

We have caddies to do that for us here. The most I do is remove gunk off the grooves.

After each round or weekend of golf I will clean my clubs. I try to keep my gear quite clean. Have to admit I have cleaned my clubs two or three times this winter already, haven't even played golf just figured "lets clean them again". i like keeping my ear clean and in good condition.

even though i keep a 1/2 wet / 1/2 dry towel on my bag and keep the sticks quite clean during the round i still bust out the soapy water and frogger brush after every round. i just can't help myself.

Absolutely. Clubs are always cleaned after any round or practice session. I'll wipe down the grips when they get to feeling less tacky.

As far as shoes go, yes, I keep them clean. I'll give them a touch up when needed and at least a damp wipe down after each wear, but they are NEVER messy/dirty looking. In the Winter, I give them a good DEEP clean.

Not every round and also not as frequently as should

If there's a bucket around after 18, I'll take all my clubs out of the bag, clean each and put it back. Get's them clean and also makes sure I have them all. If I'm in a rush, I'll skip but I try to do it otherwise.

If I'm in a rush, I'll try to get to them sometime soon after I'm home. Nothing elaborate - just clean the heads, quick wipe of the shaft, occasionally I'll clean the grips with some Lamkin Grip cleaners.

I never take that much time to clean mine.

I clean mine every two to three weeks I'd say. Last summer was the exception, I cleaned them once in the fall. I find it therapeutic to do in front of the TV.

I clean mine a few times a year not my thing really. I clean them before events or before I am going to take pictures

Few times a year they really get 'cleaned'. Usually when the grips start to lose some tack. I generally clean my clubs after each shot so I they stay pretty clean overall.

I keep wet rag on bag and wipe club face off after most shots. I don't like the cart attendants to descend on my bag after a round. I know they want tips but at least ask before grabbing my clubs. I'm kinda particular that way.

After every single use whether a round or range time my stuff gets cleaned.

After every single use whether a round or range time my stuff gets cleaned.

I can vouch for this. I clean mine when I'm going to Six4three5's for golf

Definitely a neat freak! Always clean my gear after a round!

I clean with a towel or brush if its caked after each shot. Every few rounds I will do a deep clean with soapy water, brush and then towel dry and hit them with the air compressor. I clean my shoes with a stiff brush and air compressor after every round.

I'm a solid 9 on the clean scale. Therefore, my clubs often get a good scrubbing.

I don't clean after the round. If they are bad I will wipe them down and clean them before a round to kill time. I will clean them during if we are waiting.

I clean after every usage. I have weird thoughts that if I keep my clubs clean and "take care of them" they will take care of me on the course. Weird as all get out I know..

Clean after every round, warm water, soap, toothbrush all the heads, wipe down the shafts and grips. Shoes get the same treatment. About once a month I wipe down the bag and push cart.

Back