Gear cleaning after a round

quick wipe off after a shot then a good clean off and drying after the round since we normally play early when it is wet. My trials with the Scotty Cameron putter staining scared me into paying attention to these things.

I clean the iron heads after each game with soap and water. I do the grips every 5-6th game.

I don't clean after every round, but I try to clean my clubs after every 3 rounds or so.

Honestly I like to clean my clubs after each round, gives me a chance to sit down and think about the shots that I took and what I need to work on. It's a ritual in some sorts.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I like to clean my clubs after each round, gives me a chance to sit down and think about the shots that I took and what I need to work on. It's a ritual in some sorts.. Lol

Im with you. Like staring at the mud caked into the sliding weight track of my 3 wood, and thinking about how fat I hit that shot....

I take a brush to the grooves and wipe down my club after every shot. A thorough cleaning in the house probably occurs once per month.

My wife was giving me a hard time because every time I come home from a round I have to clean my all my gear. Soapy water and a stiff plastic bristle brush on the club heads, a damp rag on the shafts and grips. sames goes for my spikes. I cannot stand having grungy gear.
I'm the same way man, my fiance gives me a hard time as well. My thing is how can you expect your clubs to perform there best if they have a bunch of dirt stuck in the grooves? I even clean my golf shoes off in my utility sink. This helps promote longevity of my gear as well, not to mention helps with re-sale value. I honestly don't understand why most people don't.

I don't give them a "deep cleaning" unless I have a tournament and people will be staring at my bag. I do keep a wet towel on my bag and I hit it with the wire brush and wipe it with the towel after and they stay pretty clean that way.

A quick wipe with a wet microfiber towel as you go on the course takes no time (should take no time) and makes cleanup minimal time or mess from the heads after the round. I use the Club Glove player's type with the slot that fits over (the least used) club.

i still give them a quick clean at home after each round. Grips every few rounds though putter grips, driver and wedges get wiped more frequently. I clean my shoes outside. Certainly one does not want to be pouring dirty, gritty, sandy water down the drain so getting rid of muck during the round helps.

Every Round for me, I go through used balls from the day, clean the sticks and put it all back together for the next day

I clean each iron with a damp towel after hitting it and putting it back in the bag. Wipe the face of the driver, 3 wood and hybrid after each round. I use a two sided brush, metal and nylon bristles, to get the dirt off the irons if needed and wipe it off before going back in the bag.

I don't have a set schedule but I do a full cleaning several times a season. I'll always find time to do a full on cleaning before a big round or event and then as needed the rest of the time. Tacky grips and clean club faces just instill a little extra confidence. I'm not as OCD about my shoes other than I'll rotate several pair and play styles I can run through the washing machine as they start getting stanky.

Wet a towel before every round. Wipe of clubs after each shot. Never needed more than that.

Agreed. I was even thinking about getting some goo gone and cleaning up those shafts I have picked up over the past two or three years in the value bins...maybe not

My wife was giving me a hard time because every time I come home from a round I have to clean my all my gear. Soapy water and a stiff plastic bristle brush on the club heads, a damp rag on the shafts and grips. sames goes for my spikes. I cannot stand having grungy gear.

how about the rest of you? neat freaks or can't be bothered?

I'm like you

I am a slob I guess ... my seem like they are always dirty.

I clean clubs, shoes, everything after every round. My fiancé says I'm OCD lol

I even wash my golf towel after each round of play

Back