#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Does anyone race go karts?

I haven't in a long time, but Jacksonville just got a new high end facility that looks like it could be a lot of fun.

kart%20out%20of%20bounds.png

That looks awesome. Nothing of the sort up here unless you actually race.

Tappin from the iPhone

We have a few places up here and anytime we vacation in the middle part of the state we spend several hours racing. It's even more fun (any yes, more dangerous) after a few adult pops.

Go Kart Racing

We have a place called K1 Speed that I'm taking my son to next week. Afwcardinal has been there several times as well.

They use a 20 HP electric motor that hits 45 MPH.

We have one here in Orlando as well. Haven't been yet but I'm dying to get a group of people to go.

There is a local track that hosts shifter kart races from time to time, but lately the dirt track and race cars have gotten all of the attention and there hasn't been much activity on the kart side.
My wife did the electric carts while she was in Spokane last year and had a blast. Hopefully we can find a spot that has those the next time we head out on vacation.

My little girl is wanting to get into kart racing. Holy crap have you priced what a competitive race kart sells for??? Ill say you can spend as much as you want. And then some.

We have had one of the places with the high end electric carts over in St Pete, and now they opened one over here where I live. A ton of fun, but pretty pricey. If it was cheaper I would go all of the time.

Last summer when we had a group traveling for work, we went out to Coney Island in Brooklyn and did some Go Kart racing. Was a pretty fun night.

We have a place called K1 Speed that I'm taking my son to next week. Afwcardinal has been there several times as well.

They use a 20 HP electric motor that hits 45 MPH.

Have been to a K1, locally, and had a blast - they started up racing leagues, now, and that could be competitive and fun.

I have been to K1 a few times. It really is a good time. What is really impressive about the cars, they are electric and fairly quiet.
My brother liked them so much, he and his son got in the spring league. He ended up taking first place too. I was in there Monday and see that my nephew has the fourth fastest time of the month. He just turned 16 and just got his real license.

This is my first THP post. But I race go karts in Indiana. Road and street courses. This is my 3rd year. It is for sure one of my passions, however it is very expensive. It also takes a lot of set up time. I spend 4-5 hours getting the kart ready to race. And that it's off nothing is broken. Race day I'm at the track by 7am and normally loading the trailer for home around 6ish. So it's an all day thing. I'm lucky I only live 25mins from the track. We have guys that come 3 or 4 hours to race. I'm doing it on my own and it is getting to be a pain in the butt. Anyway I'm getting back into golf. I figure with a 3yr old he will maybe want to play golf on the next couple of years. Also I figure I can get brand new custom fit clubs and play once or twice a week and still save money over what I spend racing. If anyone has questions about it though I would be more than happy to help.

Welcome to THP davis20! Head over to the Check-In section and formally introduce yourself to everyone.

ScanAttachment

ScanAttachment

Back