OK all, I have created a society for us call Hacker's Paradise VGC (VGC stands for Virtual Golf Club). Once we get a few people in there, I'll setup an event. The scores will be posted in the society's page, but feel free to post screenshots here as well. Nothing wrong with bragging on a good round.

I'm pretty sure this will work across all platforms. If you have a course you would like to nominate for the fist event, post it in this thread. I set it up as a private club, so let me know if you have any issues getting into it. I'm not sure how that works yet...lol.

Looking forward to some friendly virtual competition!
I might get a chance to give it a try tomorrow before I head out to the course after work so will let you know

I would think we all need to play from the same set of tee boxes, correct. I've been playing from the tips for quite awhile now. Also have a course to nominate. Royal Atlantic Thistle and Trump International Links.

I would think we all need to play from the same set of tee boxes, correct. I've been playing from the tips for quite awhile now. Also have a course to nominate. Royal Atlantic Thistle and Trump International Links.
Yes, when I setup an event it will be all the same settings for everyone.

OK all, I have created a society for us call Hacker's Paradise VGC (VGC stands for Virtual Golf Club). Once we get a few people in there, I'll setup an event. The scores will be posted in the society's page, but feel free to post screenshots here as well. Nothing wrong with bragging on a good round.

I'm pretty sure this will work across all platforms. If you have a course you would like to nominate for the fist event, post it in this thread. I set it up as a private club, so let me know if you have any issues getting into it. I'm not sure how that works yet...lol.

Looking forward to some friendly virtual competition!
Sent a request to join the society

I have thos on both Xbox and PS4, Mik3F is the tag on both

Will look for the society later

Hmm, can't find it, I see 2 called Hackers Paradise but non with VGC

Hmm, can't find it, I see 2 called Hackers Paradise but non with VGC
Hmmm, I do know that both myself and @Dartgod are on PC, and I can't check to see if it is available on any other platform

Maybe that’s what it is then. I checked on both Xbox and PS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that sucks then.

Sent a request to join the society
I have accepted your membership. We can still use it for the PC gamers. But we'll post the course and settings here so all platforms can play it and then just post screenshots of our scores.

Signed up for the Hacker's Paradise VGC earlier this afternoon.

Signed up for the Hacker's Paradise VGC earlier this afternoon.
Accepted.

It still shows you and TheDoctor as pending in the member list though, so I suppose you have to log back into it?

Boy, I sure know how to pick a place to drop a golf ball. :eek:

Drop.jpg

I created an event for the society. It starts tomorrow and runs for one week. The course is Burrowing Owl Golf Club from the back tees and default settings. If anyone on XBox or Playstation want to join the fun, just post a screenshot of your score here.

Alt **** is a blast on this game

I created an event for the society. It starts tomorrow and runs for one week. The course is Burrowing Owl Golf Club from the back tees and default settings. If anyone on XBox or Playstation want to join the fun, just post a screenshot of your score here.

I've played this course before. Will post the new score when played. (y)(y)

Not played that course but I will give it a go when I get a chance

To be fair I just went on what came up.... I had two goes the 1st time I was +7 😭. It’s only like my 8th round - I find putting and short game nearly impossible

Felt the same way when I first bought the game, now I'm finding thing a little easier. It just takes some time to get used to the way things work. (y)

To be fair I just went on what came up.... I had two goes the 1st time I was +7 😭. It’s only like my 8th round - I find putting and short game nearly impossible
Yeah on PC it defaults to the forward red tees

Short game is definitely tricky to master, so the best thing I try to do is leave a fuller shot where I can or use the loft adjustment to add or remove a bit of distance depending on the wind and elevation difference

Putting is sometimes difficult if I go from one green speed to another for subsequent rounds, especially when you go to fast greens :oops:

If you haven't tried it yet, give Firethorn National a try - it is an Augusta course with fast greens.....

Just finished playing Burrowing Owl Golf Club. All setting on default and played from the tips. The scorer could have been much better. Left a couple of birdies out there.

Burrowing Owl Golf Club.jpg

The two bogeys and the double are from missed greens and poor chipping attempts. I play tournaments in another society that require beginner clubs and I forgot to switch before this round so playing from the tips left me quite a few long approach shots. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :snub:

2020-06-07 19_58_47-The Golf Club 2019.png

The two bogeys and the double are from missed greens and poor chipping attempts. I play tournaments in another society that require beginner clubs and I forgot to switch before this round so playing from the tips left me quite a few long approach shots. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :snub:

View attachment 8947814

Nice shooting anyway, DG. The bogie I had on the 3rd hole was a terrible 3 putt and the bogie on #120 was just a misread. There were about three holes where I jus burned the edge for the birdie putts. :whew:

Back