The two bogeys and the double are from missed greens and poor chipping attempts. I play tournaments in another society that require beginner clubs and I forgot to switch before this round so playing from the tips left me quite a few long approach shots. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :snub:

View attachment 8947814

I see I goofed, didn't go through The THP Invitational!!! My bad!!!

Good, I get another shot to play worse. :laughing:
I just played a tournament round in a different society. Winds 15-19 mph, usually in my face or cross wind. Undulating ,fast greens. I thought I did good to finish the front 9 at +1, then proceeded to post a +9 on the back. :eek:

I just played a tournament round in a different society. Winds 15-19 mph, usually in my face or cross wind. Undulating ,fast greens. I thought I did good to finish the front 9 at +1, then proceeded to post a +9 on the back. :eek:

It's happened to me more than once. :whew:

I have only ever used the beginner clubs, so not sure what to expect with higher level ones - guessing more distance, but harder to control?

I have only ever used the beginner clubs, so not sure what to expect with higher level ones - guessing more distance, but harder to control?
Exactly

Might have a couple rounds practice on some other courses I have already played with some of the higher level clubs and see whether to go with them or stick with beginner for now

Might have a couple rounds practice on some other courses I have already played with some of the higher level clubs and see whether to go with them or stick with beginner for now

All I've ever used is the Pro Level Clubs. When I started playing this game I just used what was provided. Now they work just fine for me.

All I've ever used is the Pro Level Clubs. When I started playing this game I just used what was provided. Now they work just fine for me.
I can't remember if the beginner clubs were what was assigned when I first loaded the game or if I selected beginner clubs to start with, but that is all I have ever used

In some ways, the beginner distances reflect roughly what I see in real life so it felt normal to me, none of these 350yd bombs like some people hit on here :LOL:

I can't remember if the beginner clubs were what was assigned when I first loaded the game or if I selected beginner clubs to start with, but that is all I have ever used

In some ways, the beginner distances reflect roughly what I see in real life so it felt normal to me, none of these 350yd bombs like some people hit on here :LOL:

I can assure you that I don't hit a ball 350 yds even in the game. With driver of the tee it's about 290 yds. Do get the 320 once in awhile though. Still haven't got used to hitting the 4i 215 though. (y)

Stuck with beginner clubs and just went for it - not sure even with higher level clubs you would be able to reach some of those par 5 holes in two anyway, so I just played to try and set myself up for birdie chances

2020 06 09 Society - Burrowing Owl.jpg

Watching the leaderboard after each hole and it was quite tight towards the end there @Dartgod but I snuck in with a birdie on the last to pip you by one shot
Had a few close putts where I just didn't quite have the line and the ball rolled by the edge of the cup annoyingly, but I will take a round without any bogeys

Good course with the elevation change making you think about club selection on the par 3 holes

Stuck with beginner clubs and just went for it - not sure even with higher level clubs you would be able to reach some of those par 5 holes in two anyway, so I just played to try and set myself up for birdie chances

View attachment 8948117

Watching the leaderboard after each hole and it was quite tight towards the end there @Dartgod but I snuck in with a birdie on the last to pip you by one shot
Had a few close putts where I just didn't quite have the line and the ball rolled by the edge of the cup annoyingly, but I will take a round without any bogeys

Good course with the elevation change making you think about club selection on the par 3 holes
Well done and a bogey-free round to boot!

Just played another round on a very tricky little course - my score doesn't reflect how difficult this course could be if you aren't accurate

Hopeshire Golf Club played from the middle tees with everything left at default saw winds of 12-15mph on most holes

2020 06 09 - Hopeshire Golf Club - Middle Tees.jpg

I think that is actually my lowest score yet, on probably one of the tougher courses I have played in terms of how tight the fairways are

Fun round tonight in the PGA Tour career mode

2020 06 12 Waste Management 16th Hole.jpg

I haven't had a chance to play over the last couple weeks with one thing and another, but are the rest of you up for another friendly tournament round?

I haven't had a chance to play over the last couple weeks with one thing and another, but are the rest of you up for another friendly tournament round?

I haven't played either in almost a month now, kinda have lost interest since the real golfing has started up again.

Ok folks, if anyone is up for it, throw up a screenshot in this thread of your best round for the following setup

Course - Brabazon RC
Conditions - Default
Tees - Green
Flag - Rd 4

The Belfry - Brabazon - Green Tees Flag Rd 4.jpg

I have played this course a few times in real life, and it is fun, but not from that sort of distance and with the greens as firm as I suspect they might be in the game, so putting could be fun.....

Ok folks, if anyone is up for it, throw up a screenshot in this thread of your best round for the following setup

Course - Brabazon RC
Conditions - Default
Tees - Green
Flag - Rd 4

View attachment 8953413

I have played this course a few times in real life, and it is fun, but not from that sort of distance and with the greens as firm as I suspect they might be in the game, so putting could be fun.....
I'm in, I haven't played in a few weeks as well.

Course - Brabazon RC
Conditions - Default
Tees - Green
Flag - Rd 4

View attachment 8953413

I’m in too.... it won’t be until next Friday I will get opportunity to play due to our annual stop period.

Ugh, I haven't played in a while and it showed. Putting was especially bad.

2020-07-18 16_18_12-The Golf Club 2019.png

Tough round there @Dartgod and I expect something similar when I next play

Had a busy weekend but I will get my round in one evening this week

Got my round in tonight after I finished work - was a bit gutted I had a bogey on the last, but my approach came up just short and came back down to the bottom level

2020 07 21 The Belfry Brabazon - Green Tees Flag Rd 4.jpg

Got my round in tonight after I finished work - was a bit gutted I had a bogey on the last, but my approach came up just short and came back down to the bottom level

View attachment 8954470
lol.....your hdcp is a +11.2????? might be time to increase the difficulty level friend:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back