Golf Course Hydration- Water or Sports Drink

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
Outside of alcohol, what do you prefer? Water or Sports Drink?

Or do you use supplements or electrolyte tabs?

Any brand specific?

I am terrible with staying hydrated. But mostly drink water or an arnold partner. For 2017 I want to a better job and will be looking at some sort of supplement or electrolyte tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually water, but I may reach for a powerade every now and then. I'll say it's about 80/20 water.

Always water unless it is really hot. Then I will take a packet of powdered Propel to mix in the water about mid round.

Water, always water. The sports drinks have so much sugar it sends my acid reflux into overdrive.

Water for me. Every now and again I bring a sports drink then fill it up with water while there, but for the most part water all the way.

Water 99% of the time, most of the time I am riding so nothing that physical that requires a sports drink to replenish.

Usually gatorade for me

Water only. No sugar. No carbs

Gatorade

Last edited:
Water is my go to. For the last year I've consumed at least 1 gal of it every day. I use snacks like almonds, PBJ, beef jerky, crackers/cookies to provide other sustenance on the course to help with energy so I avoid the sugary stuff that can cause spikes and big drops of energy from the sugar.

Water for me most of the time.

Most of the time it's water for me

I usually freeze a 32oz Powerade or Gatorade the night before. The humidity down here it will break apart pretty quickly and last most of the round. If I don't have that, I bring my Yeti and fill it up with ice and water.

H2O plain on the rocks

Water ,at least one frozen the night before, and sometimes I will drop a Nunn tablet in one of the bottles of water on a real hot ,humid day.

Usually water for me but I do like to have a G2 or Powerade Zero at the turn through the 12th or so

I usually do water as it's easier to just keep refilling on the course in my tumbler, I've used a few different supplements over time, bio steel is the latest.

Anyone use a good electrolyte tab or powder?

Either I'm not picky about it.

Usually water, but water with Nuun Triberry tablets on hot days.

Powerade and water.

Water, usually bottled but a glass of ice at the turn is a nice treat on a hot day

Mostly water and ice. I'll grab some Nuun tablets during the summer and when I'm hungover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back