Golf Course Recommendations In Ocean City, MD

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
It looks like I can’t get out of a family reunion trip to Ocean City, Maryland in July. Believe me, I tried. So, might as well make the best of it. Have you played any courses in the area? What would you recommend?
I might have to Uber to the course, so it will have to be close or in Ocean City. Thanks for the input.

I was in the area on vacation a couple years ago, and I only played Ocean Pines which doesn't have a great rating online. I didn't mind it, and it ended up being a solo round.

Going with a few guys in a couple weeks. Never been, but playing Links at Lighthouse, Rum Pointe, and Man O War. Supposedly good courses in OCMD. Can’t wait!

We go to Rehoboth every year so I’ve played a ton of golf in this area.

My absolute favorite course in the area is Baywood Greens. It’s close to Rehoboth. Not a bad drive from OC and it’s a great course.

I think the most common answer is The Links at Lighthouse Sound. It’s really, really good. And really, really difficult. Given your Uber situation it’s your best bet.

Bayside is a Nicklaus track that’s also very good. And also very difficult. I actually think it’s tougher than Lighthouse Sound. It’d be an easy Uber from OC.

Bear Trap Dunes is another really good track.

Have played there often. Go to maps input your exact address and see what is closest. You can't miss with virtually all of them. Baywood, Bayside, Lighthouse, Rum Pointe maybe slightly better than others. But all worthy of playing.

Back