Golf League Rules

I apologize, I was unclear in my explanation. The sub can win points for each hole played. The match points would be for the team net scores. He could not win those points (2 in this case) because he is not a true member of the team. The idea would hopefully create a greater incentive to play each week. It would also allow the regular opponent to the sub to get some points in the event that the sub is a below 5 handicap player

Well I still think the sub should get all points available. They did play in the match after all.

If you want greater participation, limit the amount of times you can have a sub play for you and that sub must play to a 0 handicap.

Well I still think the sub should get all points available. They did play in the match after all.

If you want greater participation, limit the amount of times you can have a sub play for you and that sub must play to a 0 handicap.

And they paid. Over and above what the league member already paid!

That's how the league that I sub in sometimes does it. It's scratch, but flighted. And the team I usually sub for is in the B or C flight, not the A (best players) flight.

And they paid. Over and above what the league member already paid!

That's how the league that I sub in sometimes does it. It's scratch, but flighted. And the team I usually sub for is in the B or C flight, not the A (best players) flight.

Exactly.

The leagues I am in though you just pay the league fee upfront. Then you pay like you were there to just play the course. So subs would pay just like a normal player would and the league doesn't take double. Also subs aren't eligible for end of year payouts unless they play a certain amount of weeks.

Back