Golf on or off to Putt?

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
I hate to putt with the glove on, no idea why but it just does not feel right. Is that weird?

I putt with my glove on, doesn't bother me.

Winter with temp greens, or raining with rain gloves, I keep them on. Otherwise, off.

to answer your question, no thats not weird.
no glove while putting imo.
now youve got me questioning, is wearing a glove normal?

Glove off for putting and usually chipping. I just like taking my golf off now and then. I also take off my glove between holes or sometimes between shots.
i take my glove off after every shot, no glove putting, so its off in between holes.

I just leave the glove on the entire time.

Glove off for sure.

I putt with my glove on. Only time I take it off is a pit stop at the turn/bathroom or if I'm changing gloves because its wet.

I have the start of a pretty wicked tan line going and you can see the difference between my left hand and right hand. It will be worse once summer hits.

I usually take it off, but I can leave it on and not be bothered.

I’ve been putting with it on... Maybe that’s why I’ve been struggling!

I take mine off. It feels better to me but also let's my hand get a little air and sun until the next tee box. I have putted with it on and it just doesn't feel right

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

not sure if I just had a rum moment or auto correct got me but please change the title to glove not golf....

Depends on how I’m putting. I’ve been trying to take the glove off though since that’s how I practice at home.

Glove off.

Glove off for putting......just feels wierd to have it on.

Putting with a glove on would mean I actually bothered to bring one in the first place.😉

Glove is always off for the putter (on the green or off).

I hate to putt with the glove on, no idea why but it just does not feel right. Is that weird?
Good either way, but I don't use gloves except when it gets too hot. I do prefer putting without a glove though.

Off mostly because pros do it that way. Gives some collection of thoughts slows down my brain to analyze undulation

Last edited:
Varies. Some days always off, usually when the round is going well. Others on because the round is a wreck already.

I regularly take it off to putt but sometimes I keep it on. No rhyme or reason to when I leave it on. It just ends up staying occasionally

Back