Golf Pride Reverse Taper putting grip

Might need to pre-order this one.

this looks really interesting. I can't wait to see one in the wild to see how it feels.

Interesting concept and look forward to hearing someone else test them lol

Interesting concept
Is it?
What I mean by that is its something that has been around for quite some time and for some reason Golf Pride is finally bringing it.
Its confusing to me.

My son's coach has something like this on his Ping Sigma putter. Its gray not sure who makes it but it tapers towards the top. I actually really like the feeling of it.

Is it?
What I mean by that is its something that has been around for quite some time and for some reason Golf Pride is finally bringing it.
Its confusing to me.

When I got the email from them today on this, I was questioning the same thing JB

Is it?
Its confusing to me.

I’ve missed that one. Has there been putter grips that are wider in the bottom hand vs the top? If so, shame on me. I don’t like a thick putter grip in my upper hand but love it in my lower hand (I putt LHL, fwiw). I’ve even tried to drastically build up the lower hand in non-tapered grips. That, um… didn’t work.

Is it?
Its confusing to me.

I probably missed any prior. Are there other current models that are similar and in use? I certainly don't recall seeing any grips like these in retail on OEM putters and have never tried one myself. I was away from golf for 7 years though. Certainly missed many things.

This isn’t new.

SuperStroke did it forever in their 1.0’s

Seen the email they sent out. Not for me but curious on feedback or if it benefits a certain stroke.

I may consider this. I have had great success putting with a cross-handed, split-hands grip. My left, lead hand is at the bottom of the grip, while my right, trail hand is at the top of the grip. I put such a smooth stroke on the ball putting this way, and a reverse taper grip may add something and take me to the next level!

I will probably give one a try when they are released.

very intrigued by these!!! I really want to these out but I just put on a new No. 1 putter grip and love it. Not sure I wanna go do the rabbit hole and try more things out

unless I get another putter.....

This isn’t new.

SuperStroke did it forever in their 1.0’s

I don't know, maybe I missed it but these seem a bit different from the SS 1.0s. I've used pretty much every single SS grip and haven't seen anything from them that genuinely is larger for the lower hand. Now zero-taper, sure. That's something they pretty much have owned for a while now. And I will admit these seem similar to the Claw grip that SS makes, but if these Golf Pride grips genuinely are larger for the lower hand, then I think it's something new (please correct me if not).

I don't know, maybe I missed it but these seem a bit different from the SS 1.0s. I've used pretty much every single SS grip and haven't seen anything from them that genuinely is larger for the lower hand. Now zero-taper, sure. That's something they pretty much have owned for a while now. And I will admit these seem similar to the Claw grip that SS makes, but if these Golf Pride grips genuinely are larger for the lower hand, then I think it's something new (please correct me if not).
The original 1.0’s and subsequent models initially after the initial rebranding had a slight reverse taper. I’ve got about 15 of them on putters still, used them because they were THP Green.

The original 1.0’s and subsequent models initially after the initial rebranding had a slight reverse taper. I’ve got about 15 of them on putters still, used them because they were THP Green.

TIL - Didn't realize the old 1.0s had a slight reverse taper. Always thought they were a consistent thickness throughout. I stand corrected!

I just put one on my Cobra Widesport. The taper on the bottom is significant, and definately noticeable.

IMG_9482.jpegIMG_9478.jpeg

Back