NEWS Golf Rounds Way Up

also goes to show how the general golfing population is one in which for the most part is on the wealthier or more fortunate side of society or at least enough to still play and even play more often than usual yet doing so while during these lessor economic times of covid shutdowns. The old saying " golf isnt a poor mans recreation/sport" was and is still true.

Not surprising to me at all. Around here, golf is one of the few sports you can actually play. Tee times are significantly harder to get, and courses are noticeably more crowded.

I think people got tired of being cooped up at home during the Spring, and once the courses opened they came out in droves! And the weather in June here was a lot better than last year! Last year we had rain on 25 of 30 days, and it came down in buckets!

I know that my course was packed up to about 2 weeks ago. It seems more people are going back to work as the tee sheet has opened up a bit.
I def think 35 million unemployed people being stuck at home for so long rounds were due to go up once we were allowed to go outside.

I hope courses can put some of the money back into the course but I’m afraid years past have hurt a little, so good money this year repays other years, which is good and helps.

I know that my course was packed up to about 2 weeks ago. It seems more people are going back to work as the tee sheet has opened up a bit.
I def think 35 million unemployed people being stuck at home for so long rounds were due to go up once we were allowed to go outside.
Yes, play at my club dropped off a cliff about 2-3 weeks ago as well. It was as busy as it's ever going to get during March, April and May. And still more rounds than usual in recent years through June and July. But it's like the usual fall-off that happens at the end of August (back to school plus college football season) was a few weeks early this year.

Back