Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Fairly Oddparents Burn GIF
Interesting. What would you suggest? Need something on the heavy side with low trajectory. Very interested in going graphite, but need a heavier shaft.

Recently picked up a Wilson staff driving iron, it came with a kbs hybrid 80 gram X shaft. Overall it felt light to me so I had some lead tape to bring the SW up to D4.

Any suggestions for a heavier graphite option? I’ve been playing ADDI in my woods….

7W shaft pondering

fujikura nx speeder blue 60S has my interest.

For the first time I can honestly say I have no ponder for driver shafts.

Velocity is so damn good! It's actually impacted me wanting to even test the new heads that are out. Unless I can test with a Velocity, it's just not a fair fight.

Here for the Apex Pro CB’s 👀

IMG_6191.jpeg

fujikura nx speeder blue 60S has my interest.
I just bought it off a CPO to try in my Smoke driver.
I only did test swings with it in my Paradym in the back yard while standing in 3": of snow.
It felt "right" or good to me.
I got it b/c I love my Speeder 665 in my 5 wood.

Is it true a TX shaft will typically play like a hard stepped X? I know it's going to vary shaft to shaft but just wondering as a general rule.

Thinking about cutting two inches off my 5 wood shaft, its a tensei white av raw stiff 70. If i grip it regular club head feels like its flopping around everywhere anyone play a 40in 5 wood? Lol

Do ping hybrids n fairway woods have the same shaft adapter by any chance?

Why are golf shafts the lengths they are? I can hit all my clubs almost the same distance gripping two inches down because i can swing a little bit harder with the shorter shaft lol hold true from my lob wedge to my driver and sure sure the max distances are longer but theres like a limit to how far you want to hit the ball, i dont need more than 100 yards with my lob wedge, i dont need more than 220 yards w my 4 hybrid etc, shud i just cut two inches off all my clubs

I have a newton 5 dot I have been toying with. I am not 100% on it and think I still may revert back to my GD AD DI, but there is something about the Newton I really like.

I want to get this Ventus out of my 3W. Soon.

I hit it silly well, I just don’t care to have it in there.

LIN-Q Red TSPX, or blue maybe?

Shaft question for anyone… if I’m used to a heavier and/or stiffer shaft and I’ve developed a decent in-to-out path with that club, could switching to a lighter shaft with more flex bring about a different, more in-to-in or out-to-in path?

I’m trying to work through it, but there’s a lot more of a slice shape going on with the new driver.

LIN-Q Red TSPX, or blue maybe?
Blue sounds fun!

Pondering getting the Dart V TSPX fro my irons to get into some graphites

LOL

I apparently bought a JDM ATTAS shaft whilst…enjoying beverages….one night this weekend while the Doc was on call.

Thankfully, it’s 7X, but I’m at a loss now with the LINQ Red 7F5 breaking my everloving mind this weekend in the DS LS 😍

Pondering a set of MMT 105 S ss1x or a set of MMT105 TX sa2x because I like the 113 gram weight vs the 105

Pondering the LIN-Q Red right now. Just annoying that its an upcharge with some companies and stock offerings for others. I understand how the business works but that doesnt mean i have to like it haha

Has anyone played both the ad di 7x and tensei 1k white 6x and found a shaft thats kind of a blend of the two? Little more loading than the tensei little less draw than the ad di lol

I like the impact feel of the tensei white 1k n hit it further, but i like how the di loads more than the tensei n its a little more forgiving easier to time up for some reason.

Hate how the ventus blue feels. Dont like the black. Tr red feels ok but prefer the ad di and the tensei. Tensei blue was too hooky. Sigh.

can’t stop thinking about:

• Linq red and blue
  • Hypersonic
  • Denali blue

Have a LOOOOOOOOOTTTTT of XCaliber in for review, which meant a LOOOOOOOOOOOT of CPM recording

IMG_6520.jpeg

Back