Golf shorts: How short is too short?

I can tell you from the 2023 Morgan Cup, you will be living very dangerous with 7" shorts :LOL:
I remember reading in the live thread there were some dangerous moments for some of the 2023 MC participants. :ROFLMAO:

I can go 9", but you don't want to see me in 7" inseam shorts...

Saw some 5" ones at Lukulemon today. That's too short for me.

been likeing 8.5 and 9, im 6'1 and 225 , taking many of of my 10's in to be altered. or i can keep them in my closet till they come back in style like my suits i have from years ago .....

Less than 6" is too short. I love the cobra shorts we got at MC23, I think they were 7" but I'm not 100%

8” is as short as I can go

Just above the knee is the right length, anything less is too short

Family Guy Summer GIF
The inseam totally depends on your proportions. A 5-7" inseam could be fine on a short legged person but would look like Joe here on a taller, longer legged person, whereas a 7-9" inseam could look totally ridiculous on a short person.
Case in point, my friend's partner is about 6ft4in and he wear's a 5' inseam and he looks RIDICULOUS on the course. considering we were at a private club, I don't know how he fits those regulations as he would need a 9" inseam to be anywhere near his knees.

706d98d7-3dbd-44b5-b968-247373e69c6c_text.gif

If you can remember the "OP" shorts of yesteryear :unsure: then they are too short. :ROFLMAO:

Saw some 5" ones at Lukulemon today. That's too short for me.
I'll go with their 5s for running shorts... not golf. Their 7" golf shorts are great. Would recommend.

Just. It as short as our basketball uniforms in the late 70s. Not me but a real close replica IMG_9111.png

These too short?

I keep getting served adverts for Chubbies now on instagram 😳🤣

I think it depends of the fit. I’m 6’3” 220 and walk 18 most weekdays. To me there’s nothing worse than feeling the hem of your shorts rubbing against the top of your knees on every step!

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
This depends on fitness level for me. The more in shape you are the shorter you can go.

This depends on fitness level for me. The more in shape you are the shorter you can go.
Yep, this is true. Level of tan matters too My legs look amazing. 🤩 🤣

8" length is my comfort zone. Anything more and they're over the knee, anything less and well.......

One of the girls in my group today got pant tights? Left nothing to the imagination and behind nearly hanging out, without the figure to support? Too short?

Back