Golftec practice sessions?

kozmo

Is that a Titleist?
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 8.6
Hello everyone,
I checked a few threads and couldn't find what I was looking for, so here's my question.

I've been looking at info on Golftec and they have a holiday special going on now. One of the specials includes a swing eval, 3 lessons, & 3 practice sessions. I wanted to ask any if anyone has been to a Golftec practice session and what do you do in these practice sessions? Is there an instructor working with you? Do you get hooked up to there swing monitors and get recorded? Or is it similar to going to an indoor range? Basically I want to know if it will benefit me more to do my practice sessions with Golftec or on my own in an indoor range.

Any info would be great, thanks.

I signed up for a package a couple years ago, which included practice sessions. These consisted of being able to use a bay, which would give me swing speed, loft angle at impact and a few other stats (including distance), along with use of any of the training aids, but an instructor was not present. Good luck!

Thanks for the response Philly.

Also the screen is set up with the lines that show proper swing plane & you can watch your swing after ya made one. Ya can FF, pause or rewind it.. it makes practice SO MUCH BETTER.& PRODUCTIVE!!!

Sent from my DROID X2

I signed up last winter for some lessons and had an instructor. I do like it for the fact that you can see what you are doing wrong on the video and they give you drills to help fix it. It eventually got to be a PITA because it seemed like I plateaued and my instructor just kept going over the same stuff every week. The one bad thing with GolfTec is that they do so many lessons a week that they don't remember what you worked on the week before. Don't get me wrong it did help me out a lot and I think it was worth it but I wouldn't get too many lessons at once, the package you mentioned seems perfect to see if it works for you or not. It seemed like my guy just wanted to elongate the whole process so he could milk me for more lessons or equipment, it just got frustrating going there every week. I did have to drive 1.5 hours for my lessons though.

Thanks for the feedback guys.... sounds like the golftec practice sessions are worth giving a try.

I have been using Golftec since late November and the practice sessions are a nice feature with the video feedback and results. You can look at your hip bend/tilt/etc numbers when doing it on top of the attack angle, swing speed etc. One thing I highly recommend is schedule a practice session right after your lessons so you can work on what you learned to help it stick faster.

Think my coach sets all his clients up w/practice right after lesson.. it truly helps.. After a couple of lessons I thought I may have wasted money & time but now that I'm down to just a couple of lessons in my 6 month package, I. KNOW it was worth it!!!!
If I was better @ computer stuff, I could show ya the BIG DIFFERENCE of before & after

Sent from my DROID X2

I love practicing at GolfTec you can get instant feedback and make sure you are doing the proper things when practicing. My instructor will set up the screen with lines and let me use any aids I might want to use to make sure I'm working on whatever properly. Plus it's great in the winter time

I have been using Golftec since late November and the practice sessions are a nice feature with the video feedback and results. You can look at your hip bend/tilt/etc numbers when doing it on top of the attack angle, swing speed etc. One thing I highly recommend is schedule a practice session right after your lessons so you can work on what you learned to help it stick faster.

Think my coach sets all his clients up w/practice right after lesson.. it truly helps.. After a couple of lessons I thought I may have wasted money & time but now that I'm down to just a couple of lessons in my 6 month package, I. KNOW it was worth it!!!!
If I was better @ computer stuff, I could show ya the BIG DIFFERENCE of before & after

Sent from my DROID X2
Thanks guys, this is goood to know. That's what I'm gonna do then. I bought the a Golftec package w/ a golf eval, 3 lessons, & 3 practice sessions. Probably go for my swing eval in a couple weeks. I think I'll start a thread on my experience & progress with Golftec. Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I'd like to bump this thread. My brother is looking at taking lessons for the first time. He's living out in Portland, OR and looking for feedback on who he should talk to. I suggested Golftec. Can anyone suggest something better, if there is anything better? He's a former D1 baseball player with insane swing speed but has a terrible baseball-like golf swing. He knows he'll have to revamp his swing and I suggested he meet with professional.

I'll just mirror what everyone else said - No instructor present but you have access to just about anything else you may want. I have not yet asked if I can hook myself to the sensors, but I foresee an issue given the expense of the equipment being unmonitored along with them probably not wanting you to tamper with the computer all that much. For the most part though I am able to do as I please freely without disruption.

I just started GolfTec about a month and a half ago and have seen significant improvements in my swing path and ball flight. So far a positive recommendation.

I'll just mirror what everyone else said - No instructor present but you have access to just about anything else you may want. I have not yet asked if I can hook myself to the sensors, but I foresee an issue given the expense of the equipment being unmonitored along with them probably not wanting you to tamper with the computer all that much. For the most part though I am able to do as I please freely without disruption.

I just started GolfTec about a month and a half ago and have seen significant improvements in my swing path and ball flight. So far a positive recommendation.

I'm sorry but did I misunderstand. They don't have instructors? They don't give lessons?

I'm sorry but did I misunderstand. They don't have instructors? They don't give lessons?
Haha no he meant during the practice sessions. After your lesson you can stay and hit balls and there's no instructor present because they are usually off giving the next lesson. You're allowed to use the cameras and replay system tho to review all your swings. Its pretty cool

Oh..see. title says practice.
Yes the give lessons & also have practice sessions.
They're good but on the higher price end. Could use a pro from a course but he might not have the cameras for visualization. I'm happy with my golftec coach. But I will say they're kind of setup like a chiropractor. .they'll tell ya it will take so many lessons.

Oh..see. title says practice.
Yes the give lessons & also have practice sessions.
They're good but on the higher price end. Could use a pro from a course but he might not have the cameras for visualization. I'm happy with my golftec coach. But I will say they're kind of setup like a chiropractor. .they'll tell ya it will take so many lessons.

That's funny. My brother is in Portland studying to be a chiropractor. I looked on Golftec's site and they do lessons and practice sessions. I know they're bit more expensive than a club pro but I've never had great luck with the club pros around here. Since he's in college i'll probably pay for the sessions anyway. Might as well go with the best, right?

I think they're worth doing thru golftec. think they may have a special starting soon. I was thinking its end of the month or early October.

I think they're worth doing thru golftec. think they may have a special starting soon. I was thinking its end of the month or early October.
Yep you're correct they have a nice deal going on in August.

Back