Golfworks catalog - a throwback

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I received an actual printed catalog. Looking through it, I thought back to the big Golfsmith catalogs from the 90s and early aughts and even the Sears Christmas catalogs from my youth. It's been fun turning the pages and seeing all the products. A bit of fun daydreaming while "watching" a boring video CLE.

Maybe they're hoping to reach a demographic of "a certain age" with fond memories of catalog shopping.

They usually send out 3-4 a year if you’re on a he mailing list.

Was flipping through that one myself yesterday, the one with the Golf pride reverse taper grip on the front.

Sears christmas catalog was the best. Seeing the only color, magazine style pages...and knowing that was ALL toys!

I got mine Saturday, the Bestest half asked what it was and when i told her, she shook her head, you mean a catalog for golf stuff? "go easy big boy"

lol

I do wish more companies would still do mailed catalogs. However, if I don't pull them from the mailbox chances are my wife will toss them. I asked her if she saw the last catalog I should have received (Henry Rifles) and she said, "I saw it, thought it was junk mail". I'm not buying her story...

Now I can replace last years that resides in my office. Definitely a fan.

I got one as well.

My favorite years ago was the J.C. Whitney Auto parts catalog. - loved all the old car parts and accessories not available anywhere else.

I received the Golfworks catalog over the weekend also.... it's really nice to nice to flip through a "real" catalog now and then.

Speaking of catalogs, anybody remember the Johnson Smith catalog from when they were a kid ?? Man, what a conglomeration of crap (and i mean that in the best way!)

Rubber dog **** and fake vomit? Check
X-ray glasses? Check
Need a rubber chicken? (Doesn't everyone?)
Vampire Teeth (AND vials of fake blood) ? Yep
Books on ventriloquism (and the dummy too, if you wanted)
Star Trek phasers? Sure, how many do you need...

Just looked them up and sadly, they closed their doors in 2019 after 105 years in business.
Bummer, it was a pretty entertaining catalog to flip through on a rainy day...

Bass Pro Shops used to kill me as a kid. If you’ve never had your legs fall asleep while reading a catalog on the jon, you haven’t lived. 🤣

How many of you guys would admit the Playboy magazine when you were young was your favorite at night in bed all by yourself??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I also have the latest Golfworks. Nice to just pick it up without having to log in. The only downside I guess is the lack of Q&A and user comments. Among catalogs I loved in the past were the Heathkit, Lafayette and Radio Shack electronic product catalogs. My grandparent's farm had a two-hole outhouse. There were always old J.C.Penney, Sears and Spiegel catalogs your could read in there if it wasn't too hot and you could bare the smell. When you were done with your business, just rip the pages out and wipe yourself.

Last edited:
Back