Good morning from chilly SC

SC4life

Reaction score
Handicap
I have lurked on this site for many years and today decided it was time to become a full fledged member. I retired from the National Weather Service in Oct '21 and immediately started working as a greenkeeper at a local course. Partly for the free golf and range time but mostly because I have always imagined that that job would be so 'ZEN'. And it is. There is no stress cutting greens at sunrise. :)

I have always played golf with those I am comfortable playing with like my son, brother and parents and avoided playing with strangers. I have now joined a group that plays competitively in order to force me out of my comfort zone and to play with better players in order to better my game. So far my handicap is climbing but I am enjoying the challenge.

I like to walk when I play as much as possible. I just seem to play less hurried that way. I have also put my vanity irons (Mizuno MP 32's) aside and started playing Callaway Mavriks. Not the magic potion I thought they would be but are maybe helping me some.

My goal for this year is to stop the bleeding and get my handicap to single digits. And by that I mean, 9.9 would be awesome!! ;) But maybe more than anything, I hope to enjoy golf more than I ever have and play it more as a sport than recreation.

THP is an amazing place and I hope to participate on the forums more.

Lee

Lee,

Welcome to THP! We are so glad you're here. We can't wait to hear about your experiences on and off the course. Jump on in the waters fine!

Welcome to THP.

Hey, Lee welcome to THP!

I'm over in Simpsonville. Which course are you working for?

We have an unofficial get together happening in March up at cherokee valley. You should try to make it. If you're interested, I can tag you in that thread.

Anyway, glad you're here!

Welcome to THP Lee and best of luck on your goals for '22!

Lee, Welcome to THP & congrats on the retirement! That is my goal of working in some capacity when it’s time to
Retire.

Hey, Lee welcome to THP!

I'm over in Simpsonville. Which course are you working for?

We have an unofficial get together happening in March up at cherokee valley. You should try to make it. If you're interested, I can tag you in that thread.

Anyway, glad you're here!
Good morning. I am working at Willowcreek. Keep me informed on the get together as I always love to get beat up by that course. LOL

Welcome look forward to your zen stories as a greenskeeper - being a starter/marshal whatever - is a goal of mine, when we retire and move to the Charlestons area.

Good morning from a chill NC! Great to have another Carolina folder. Welcome!

Thanks for joining Lee! You’ll find is is the best place on the internet to talk golf. You may even find more people to play with if you dive into the regional threads!

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your retirement and adventures in golf.

Welcome to THP! I’m about to fly to chilly SC from snowy Chicago. I’ll take that chill anyday!

Welcome!!!! It’s a pretty cool place indeed.

I’m on my phone so can’t see if you have the part of SC listed, but I’m down here in Charleston if you’re ever in the area

Welcome to THP. Great goal

Welcome aboard. Glad you decided to join in! Sounds like retirement is off to a great start, hit them well!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome:thp:

Welcome to THP, enjoy your retirement.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard Lee! This is a great place to mingle and get educated on the finer points of the great sport of golf. You'll begin to notice, over time, that your wallet gets much lighter with all the recommendations on equipment! ;)

Welcome to THP!

Way to dive in fully, great to see the Albatross Club Badge.

Welcome to THP and congratulations on retirement!

Back