Good public track near Miami / Key Largo?

Going to Ocean Reef in March and not sure I will
Be able to play their course. Any good / great public tracks around there? The Biltmore looks like a cool Donald Ross design!

The Biltmore was recently re-done but to be honest it’s not a huge change from the original. You can always jump on golf now and get a deal at the Trump which is good. If you don’t like playing in always windy conditions, right by Miami international Airport you have Melreese which is always solid. Small tough greens but always in good shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to Ocean Reef in March and not sure I will
Be able to play their course. Any good / great public tracks around there? The Biltmore looks like a cool Donald Ross design!
The issue you will have is that once down on the Reef, it is not easy to get to another course. Most of the quality public courses are in Broward and north Dade county.

That’s what I’m kind of finding to be the case...
The Reef is a great place to play. Do you have a way of playing there?

Turns out I will be able to play both courses - they look great! Any tips?
Don't chase pins cut close to the edges, take conservative approach on these types of green. Be a bit long on short pins and fall in love with the views. Take your time and enjoy the day. The courses are truly special and a rare treat to play.

Don't chase pins cut close to the edges, take conservative approach on these types of green. Be a bit long on short pins and fall in love with the views. Take your time and enjoy the day. The courses are truly special and a rare treat to play.
Thanks dude! I’m pretty excited.

Crandon Park @Key Biscayne was a great track; haven’t played it recently, but it did host a Sr Tour event, and has a few holes, as I remember, right along Biscayne Bay. I’d go back and play it again, for sure.

Crandon Park is nice. I'll second that.

Back