Graphite Design Tour AD VF Shafts

I did the same, but did not tip. (VF5S with TSR2) It may be a less torque than I need, and was spraying both left and right. Some straight hits and in general felt better than my Ventus Blue 6S. I need to try an "X" but that does not change torque so possibly a 6S if I can find one. Had a few on GC Quad carry 280, which is impressive for me, just may need to dial it in.

Ordered an AI Smoke TD with the VF 6X, excited to give this one a try when it shows up.

Ordered an AI Smoke TD with the VF 6X, excited to give this one a try when it shows up.
Please give us a report after you have had a chance to hit it.

Please give us a report after you have had a chance to hit it.

Will do! I have a few other shafts laying around that I'll be hitting against, and using GC3 for #s.

Received the VF 6X yesterday and got a chance to go to the range at lunch today. Initial thoughts are this is one hell of a shaft. Compared to my gamer (Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X) for the past two years, I saw a couple hundred RPMs less spin (~2200 rpm avg.), with similar launch (~14*). Surprisingly I was also timing up my shots better with the VF, so saw an increase in ball speed too (about 2 mph).

I was having an easier time turning this over, and with a normal swing was seeing a pretty straight ball flight, versus a small fade with my gamer. I'll be getting it out on the course later this week and will continue to put it through the paces. For now, it seems like I have a new gamer for my AI Smoke TD.

Received the VF 6X yesterday and got a chance to go to the range at lunch today. Initial thoughts are this is one hell of a shaft. Compared to my gamer (Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X) for the past two years, I saw a couple hundred RPMs less spin (~2200 rpm avg.), with similar launch (~14*). Surprisingly I was also timing up my shots better with the VF, so saw an increase in ball speed too (about 2 mph).

I was having an easier time turning this over, and with a normal swing was seeing a pretty straight ball flight, versus a small fade with my gamer. I'll be getting it out on the course later this week and will continue to put it through the paces. For now, it seems like I have a new gamer for my AI Smoke TD.
That is great input. I love this shaft so much, definitely one of my all time favorites.

Is there way to demo these shafts or club fitters that have upgrade shafts to try during a fitting??? The majority of the fitting days I have access to are put on by the club manufacturers at my club and they rarely have upgrade shafts or they are limited to certain models.

I'd love to try the 40 or 50g in any Tour AD shafts I've never had anything that light in my woods.

Did the same after hitting. TD on its way with VF 5S
Played 6 rounds in FLA this past weekend. VF was good to me, although I needed to loft up the TD to 11deg to get the best out of it. I think the XC will be better for me simply for that reason and gong 6S instead. I need the launch for the low spin at my 106-110 SS. Not all will, but I think I might. But I hit some bombs and it felt great. Will compare again on TM to make my final decision.

Is there way to demo these shafts or club fitters that have upgrade shafts to try during a fitting??? The majority of the fitting days I have access to are put on by the club manufacturers at my club and they rarely have upgrade shafts or they are limited to certain models.
You may have to go to a specialized fitter, such as Club Champion, to find a fitting cart with Graphite Design options, although sometimes Titleist has Graphite Design shafts in some of its large box dealers.

I'd love to try the 40 or 50g in any Tour AD shafts I've never had anything that light in my woods.
It is not easy to find shafts in the 40 to 60 gram weight class that are still extremely stable. I have found a few and they make all the difference for me as I get older. I own the VF in both the 4 and 5 offerings. I am not sure yet about the 4. It may be a touch too light, but the 5 is incredible.

It is not easy to find shafts in the 40 to 60 gram weight class that are still extremely stable. I have found a few and they make all the difference for me as I get older. I own the VF in both the 4 and 5 offerings. I am not sure yet about the 4. It may be a touch too light, but the 5 is incredible.
The 5 is exactly what I wanted to try first. 👍

Back